Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Super WAHM

Not at all! I have to remind myself to eat as I get busy and completely forget the time! Now, let that coffee pot go dry and I'm all over it!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2010, 07:15 AM
WAHM Fanatic

definately, I've had to really make a point of loading my kitchen with good snacks vs junk food. and having a dog helps as he reminds me that we both need to go for a walk (I'm lucky that my work is flexable) at first I actually felt a little guilty taking time out during a beautiful day to go outside to enjoy it but then I came to realize and appreciate thats where the empowerment of working at home comes in - WE decide when and where we work..... wah gives me time to appreciate life as it arises.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:05 AM
WAHM Regular

Yes, I do. I have the bad habit of munching at my computer and I have to really force myself to fit exercise in. It's still worth it though...
Old 11-19-2010, 03:25 PM
WAHM Regular

Oddly, no I don't have that trouble. But, it is the sitting at computer all day that is catching up. Have to always remember to incorporate fitness into each day...
Old 11-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Registered WAHM

Talking Working Makes Me Fat

At our office, if you're late, you have to bring in donuts. There are three bowls of candy at all times and plenty of cakes, brownies, pastries, pretzels, and other treats lurking around through out the week. At home, we rarely have these treats. I gained back all the weight I lost when I got "a real job"
Old 11-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Super WAHM

I have a tough time exercising when I work from home. When i work outside the home I take the bus so exercise is already built into the schedule.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:17 AM
WAHM Regular

I eat 3 meals a day, i work out and i don't eat nothing i wouldn't eat if i had a "normal" job. So i guess its all up to you...
Old 11-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Registered WAHM

Yes, I worked at home for a year, a few years ago, and gained 20 lbs, hope I dont this time. I am making it a habit to get up from the desk and walk at least a half an hour a day.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Registered WAHM

It definitely can be and is something I've struggled with in the past. Something clicked and I went into weight loss overdrive, so I use an online system to track my calories and burn. Really opens your eyes when you journal everything you put in your mouth.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:14 AM
WAHM Addict

When I have tons of work and many deadlines to meet, then I may even forget to have a snack
but usually that's vive versa