Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > WAHM Life > Question of the Week

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Super WAHM

Default Which do you prefer Shopping Online or Going to the Store

So with the internet we are now able to make purchases online. So which do you prefer shopping online or going to the store to shop for clothes shoes and other stuff?
Old 08-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Registered WAHM

It all depends.

I love shopping online only if they have bargains and super savers and the best place is Amazon..
Old 08-12-2010, 03:21 AM
WAHM Addict

I love shopping online more, as it helps to save some time and compare the goods, the prices
Old 08-12-2010, 10:16 AM
WAHM Regular

Depends what I'm looking for really and how fast I want it. Clothes can be too much of a pain unless you're sure of your size in the particular product. I've only bought clothes from Zappos just because of how easy and fast everything is if you have to make a return. I last bought a jacket from there but I knew my size and it was just too easy compared to going to a store.

Sometimes if I need something right away..like when my soundcard died, I went to BestBuy.com and bought a new one and picked it up at the store which was kind of dumb really because I still had to wait in a line and give some guy my credit card information and license. It wasn't any quicker than going to the shelf and picking it up myself and then to a register!

But I have to say, getting things in the mail is like opening a Christmas present even though you already know what's in the box. LOL Sometimes I find something I want in a store and then purchase online weeks or months later.

Last edited by LOL; 08-12-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:49 PM
scbutterbeans

I find it so much easier to shop online. I can just about always find what I am looking for and I don't need to run from one store to another. I also order from several people that I know that have their own businesses.

But with saying that...I do love my Target
Old 08-12-2010, 06:22 PM
WAHM Regular

I think it depends on where you live. If you live in a major city like New York you can find any thing you want at a great prices, but if you live in a very small town or on a farm It would be better to shop online.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Super WAHM

It depends because you can find great stuff on online that you didn't find at store or vice versa.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Super WAHM

I like both equally and use both. You can't touch and feel things online. That said, online is so much easier and of course there's much more to pick from.

Nowadays, I shop in our own mall, Giftys.com. There are numerous stores there and lots of interesting gifts.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:15 PM
WAHM Regular

It really depends on what I'm shopping for. If it's something I know exactly what I want, it's easier to get it online. New stuff I usually like to check out and see in person.
Becki Bayley - DCD Team Leader & Independent Chocolatier #6464
I'm Living the Sweet Life - Check it out here
Old 09-11-2010, 07:22 PM
WAHM Regular

Location: Texas - I wasn't born here, but I got here as fast as I could.
Thumbs up Online ~ Hands Down!

I'd much prefer to shop online!

Soooooo many more choices, and I've just never really liked to shop. There are just too many more fun and interesting ways to spend my time other than hours in a store..