Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:25 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default It's The Little Things...

What did you do this week that bought a smile to someone's face, made someone feel better, or helped make things a little easier?

I love to hear these types of stories.

A friend of mine said a guy was going through some hard times and was just released from jail...he offered the ex-jailbird lunch and the guy was very grateful b/c he had been eating that prison food and hadn't been able to taste 'real food' for a while.

I
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2010, 02:40 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Hmm...dunno...I have an ongoing thing where I offer my place to a friend from Mexico every week...then it was pointed out just yesterday that my house is like a continuous episode of Seinfeld "where people (and unusual ones, to boot, lol) just drop in...comfortably...and dinner expands to include 10 people eating by candlelight, lol...

I thought that was nice.
Always wanted to have a big house where people could just drop in and there's always someone cooking, playing live music or ready to extend a hug and welcome (only I thought it would be in Italy and in a big house, not a condo, lol)...

I'm very dauntingly taking a web design class in hopes of getting up some sites about free resources for writers, artists and Lyme disease...I find these--dare I say?-- minute acts of altruism an every day necessity...

Cheers,

Annie
Old 01-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Super WAHM

Well I can be humorous anybody who comes around me will leave with a smile on their face.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:17 AM
WAHM Regular

As simple as it sounds, simply picking up the phone to say hello to a non-family member (and family members, but you probably know them well enough already!) can make a big difference sometimes... you never know who's day you'll impact by that small gesture...
Old 01-30-2010, 10:54 AM
WAHM Regular

Wink

I have this thing about messaging one of my friends randomly on Facebook and/or MySpace and telling them how amazing they are and how much I love them. I've made a few cry this way...
Old 02-09-2010, 05:43 AM
Registered WAHM

I gave $2 to a disabled boy who needed a train ticket to go to basketball training...he was so grateful, and so genuine. I felt that even if he had used the money for some other purpose, it was demeaning enough to have to beg for money, without denying him such a small amount...and he DID buy a ticket, and had a bag of gym clothes! Sometimes I think we can get too disbelieving. I'm glad I believed, and so did he
Old 02-09-2010, 06:04 AM
WAHM Regular

One night last week after my daughters cheerleading practice we stopped at QT to get her a drink. Outside was a man sitting with a homeless/need $ sign. I pulled $ out of the atm, paid for my daughter's drink, walked out and handed the change to the man. The man smiled at us and was very grateful but the best was the smile on my daughter's face when we got back into the car for the ride home. Small things matter.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:52 PM
WAHM Regular

I run a karaoke show once a week and there's almost always someone there who has never done karaoke or has had bad experiences with it. At my shows, we emphasize the guts and not the talent. It's scary stepping on that stage for the first time. However, once I convince the newbies to get up there, they love it. I absolutely love seeing the smiles on their faces when they hear everyone clapping for them or see people dancing to their song. It feels amazing for me and for them.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Registered WAHM

I work part-time at a retail store and sometimes we get customers who can be irate or upset at something a salesperson did nor did not do. I am an even tempered person who approaches anyone the same way regardless of looks, age, gender, nice, mean, whatever. I seem to be able to talk to these people and get them to smile or laugh and calm down. I consider myself a peacemaker. I also am at my best under extreme pressure.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:16 AM
WAHM Addict

I think the easiest way to make someone smile is to smile yourself! For me it always works, and I practice it every day