Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:25 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Is mailing Christmas cards a thing of the past?

I am trying to make a decision about this year's Christmas cards. Each year I send out about 150 cute photo cards of my family via snail mail. In return, I usually get about 50 cards from other people. I keep some, but toss most.

In this day of Facebook and Twitter, do I really need to spend the money to mail them out? Are you sending cards out this year? Will you do it the "old fashioned way" or will you give in to the new virtual methods?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Registered WAHM

Nice work--thank you for sharing-
Thanks so much for this. I appreciate the effort. It really helps a lot.
Glad to hear you're using this: I plan to keep it much more aggressively up-to-date than has been the case in the past, but don't hesitate to let me know if you find errors or need clarifications.

Calcul de taux credit auto - Comparatif pret automobile - Simulation de financement d'une voiture
Old 09-24-2009, 09:14 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2for View Post
I am trying to make a decision about this year's Christmas cards. Each year I send out about 150 cute photo cards of my family via snail mail. In return, I usually get about 50 cards from other people. I keep some, but toss most.

In this day of Facebook and Twitter, do I really need to spend the money to mail them out? Are you sending cards out this year? Will you do it the "old fashioned way" or will you give in to the new virtual methods?
I send cards out at Christmas, birthdays, graduations, etc. I think you need to send them the old fashioned way. It's so much more personal you you? Besides, actually writing is so calming to me.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:51 PM
Awesome WAHM

I don't particularly think they're a thing of the past. I know a lot of folks who still love to have REAL pictures sent to them. Holiday family photos are always amazing keepsakes.

I am a bit young (23) so I can honestly my generation doesn't really do that, at least not at our age - but since I have a young one I still try to send out Santa pictures to his great grandparents and grandparents at the very least.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Super WAHM

Smile

Yeah, I don't really do it at all either. I never have though... I give cards to my parents and grandparents. That's about it. But if it's something you enjoy doing, then keep it the same way. :-)
Old 09-24-2009, 11:46 PM
Super WAHM

I don't think they are a thing of the past, but have "cut" down my list over the years.

I truly enjoy receiving those personalized greeting cards from friends, family and business associates. I also send them in return making certain that business contacts receive cards that are business appropriate (including Hanukkah, etc.)
Old 09-25-2009, 02:42 AM
WAHM Addict

Hi! I think that they are really very nice and you have a great imagination! I guess I would like to have some! Go on this way and thanks a lot for sharing with us!
Old 09-25-2009, 10:42 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Mailing Cards!

It almost is but I am sure there are enough to keep it alive for a while! There is just something SPECIAL and personal with the touch of a card!
Old 09-26-2009, 09:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Not when there's places like this!
MyFunCards!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Registered WAHM

Smile

I also send out physical cards for holidays and birthdays! With this high-tech-digital-computerized world we live in I believe it's important to keep some things personal!