Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:57 AM
Registered WAHM

Smile Getting Started?

Hi! I'm new the forum...

I recently found myself unemployed and relying on my husband's salary alone is straining. I've always believed myself to be an empath (though I just discovered the word for it a few years ago). I'm also pretty skilled at reading tarot and dream interpretation. I've meditated on this for a while, and have come to the conclusion that using my gifts in business is the right thing for me to do right now. However, I have no expierence doing this professionally. I've been interested in it before, but shyness and anxiety has kept me blocked for years. I truly believe now is the time though.

My question is, how should I go about getting started? Should I apply on websites? I don't have a landline, so phones are out, but online and email are possible. Basically, what's your advice for a newbie?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2013, 04:30 AM
WAHM Regular

You can learn a lot here Aeclectic Tarot Forum
You can google sites until you find one that doesn't require experience. I'm pretty sure there are not many out there. Perhaps start on etsy or ebay or some other listing site. There is more to it then just feeling you have a gift. You need to practice and gain some ability. That being said, just go for it. I jumped in the deep end on a busy chat site, I just flew with what I had (previous phone experience) and within two weeks, I had gained my wings. That site is psychic-contact.com They are very busy and anyone would make money there, but the pay is only .45 or it was when I was there. They only charge .99 so they are forgiving of newer psychics. You do need experience though, so go do a few readings, learn the basic skills and go for it.

good luck!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:48 AM
WAHM Regular

It seems that psychic-contact has blogging and affiliate site requirements. How was that to keep up with?
Old 04-08-2013, 04:09 AM
WAHM Regular

I know, I used to worry about blogging as well. In 18 months I wasn't asked to blog once! About 6 months ago, they shelved the blogging idea for the time being. I think they would like to do it at some stage in the future but it was never something you had to do. There is no affiliate requirement, it's only there if you want it.

My only problem was the minimum hours requirement and the fact it became too busy. I would rather make 100$ a week then 300$, I couldn't keep up with all that typing. It is a great site to do lots of readings on, if you have the time.

Last edited by Mystics; 04-08-2013 at 04:15 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Registered WAHM

Thanks for the advice! I have been doing readings for a while, just not getting paid for them. That said, I think I am going to take more time...

Thanks!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Registered WAHM

I had no idea you could sign up at sites to do this but good luck!! I am going to have to start researching because I might want a reading!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:07 AM
WAHM Regular

Lorina, if you have a computer you can download skype. They offer telephone numbers that go to skype for about $18 for 3 months I believe. WIth that, you can do Keen online, that is telephone and chat, you just give Keen your Skype number While I do get traffic on Keen, it is not consistent. Oranum is not phone readings and you need video capabilities and they do test your system to make sure you can keep up with the video chat.

Oranum is very successful for me. I have a full time job, I dedicate a few hours a night to it and I did have readings my first night out. I understand video is not for everyone. If any of you are interested in signing up, I would be happy to answer your questions. I was so nervous at first and I just jumped in. It really is a platform with so much to offer and they have a stellar affiliate program. Their banners are even on the big news networks.

Here is a sign up link. They pay referrals, I don't hide that, but it is not out of your pay (like Keen groups are). BUT, I would be happy to help you avoid the bumps and bruises. Things are sometimes easier when you aren't doing them alone. They pay a lot of bonuses. For eg: In your first 2 weeks if you make $400, your bonus is $100. I did an 87 minute reading last night that all of a sudden made it possible for me to get that, so it is very interesting.

I will leave you with this - Video isn't as scary as it seems once you are in it. I was terrified. Now, I am all set!!

Again - here is a sign up link -
Psychic Registration - Oranum
Old 05-20-2013, 09:18 PM
WAHM Regular

Location: Near San Diego...20 min from beach which is heaven for a Cancer.
Default Aeracura's LLC

Thank you for this information. I just recently found Oranum's forum. I have been doing and reading tarot...paid and unpaid for 24 years. I am on a site now where I am available for readings. But I am giving up a job because I want to focus more on my metaphysical career. I am really interested in Oranum but I am having trouble getting past the webcam thing. I saw myself on webcam for the first time day before yesterday and I just feel fat fat fat when I see it. How do you get past your self consciousness? Let me know what I need to tell them...should I decide to do it...to get some bonuses.

Helen
Old 05-21-2013, 01:56 AM
WAHM Regular

Location: Near San Diego...20 min from beach which is heaven for a Cancer.
Default one more thing

Do you know of any makeup tricks that camouflage fat in the face? Share please?

Helen
Old 05-21-2013, 11:29 AM
WAHM Regular

Helen, have you tried different angles on your cam? Maybe a little higher then face level? I have my cam about 2-3 feet from my face. I am very camera shy also but I got over that. Make up tricks, probably I would say instant cheekbones where you put color on the full part when you smile and up the temple coming in over your eyebrows slightly, then a tan contour under that. Play up your best feature, if it is your eyes, use that. I am not one to tell you that you look fine, don't worry etc, cause I worried, so I get that. Totally get that. That being said, go watch other people out there. They are who they are and are having fun. I am not picture perfect and it took a few days infront of the Cam and now I am comfortable. Best wishes.