Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:37 AM
WAHM Regular

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by David James View Post
I have just tried to apply to join your company and the website doesn't seem to be working would you be able to assist me in this.
Which company? If it Psychic Access, me too.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2012, 02:59 PM
WAHM Regular

Elana,

Please try again. We did have a minor issue for a couple of days but it has been fixed.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Super WAHM

Thumbs down

I agree!!! $50 is a joke!!!! If they weren't out for money, they would charge the exact amount that they pay for the background check. That should say a lot about a company.

Shannon
Old 09-25-2012, 08:26 AM
WAHM Regular

Liveperson spent 2 years weeding out inactive accounts. There were thousands filling up the pages. The spiritual catagory was closed for those 2 years while the purge took place. They should have kept it closed. Instead they now require a 50.00 sign on fee to help encourage those that are serious about working there to sign on and work. The 50.00 is easily made bk if you are serious about working there. Nothing more or less, thats what its about.

As far as I know they dont do background checks.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:57 AM
WAHM Regular

You should NEVER have to pay any kind of fee to work someplace. It is wrong on all levels and is just pure corporate greed. They would do well to interview and test their readers before posting them on the site. You'd better believe they do background checks on anyone giving medical or legal advice; to not do so would be unthinkable.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:22 PM
WAHM Regular

I am not here to argue about it, people want to know why and I am telling ya. I dont give legal or medical and those that do don't give tarot readings. So, if they are doing background checks good! Oh and for the record, the only ones paying the 50.00 fee are those applying to spiritual. Again, to weed out those serious from the not so serious to those who look to make a quick buck based on thinking they can fake it. I make a good living at LP and I've worked damn hard to do so. I dont buy into their greed or corporation, I go there and do my work.

Last edited by Springing; 09-25-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:20 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougC View Post
You should NEVER have to pay any kind of fee to work someplace. It is wrong on all levels and is just pure corporate greed. They would do well to interview and test their readers before posting them on the site. You'd better believe they do background checks on anyone giving medical or legal advice; to not do so would be unthinkable.

I have been with LP since it was Kasamba so I'm 'grandfathered' in....but honestly I totally agree with what Doug is saying here...NEVER EVER EVER pay to be listed on a site, NEVER. ..and they don't do a background check it's a crock of BS...
Old 03-31-2014, 08:09 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Fee

They have also made excuses when they cut your account off saying it was inactive then demanding payment
Old 04-05-2014, 12:32 PM
WAHM Regular

I was actually caught up during the transition phase with LP when they started charging that irrational fee. At the time, they called it a "registration fee." I was with them back when they were still called Kasamba and then continued on a part time basis with them once they became Live Person. I do admit that I had not logged into work in a few weeks but I had done that in the past and it was never a problem when I was ready to log back in once more. I always had clients and made however much money I needed at that point in time. So imagine my surprise when I was ready to add more categories and I found that I could not work LOL

At first, I emailed their support people and was told that my new categories were rejected due to my "inactivity" and that they hoped to re-open the categories soon. To begin with, it was a month, then it was "we don't know." As it turned out, they waited until they got their nifty little fee policy in place before telling me that I could work again as long as I paid that $50 fee.

I was outraged and then just found it rather funny and ultimately sad. I am never paying to work for someone. They are supposed to be paying me. I emailed them back and told them they were now operating on a scam basis and that I wanted to delete my account and collect the money owed to me.

To their credit, I did get the money they owed me without any difficulty. But that fee thing really does make them scammy. I'm not criticizing anyone that feels it is ok to pay for a job. That is not my business and I think it's great if you can really feel fine about paying it as long as you can make it back in no time. I just could not and still cannot justify that.

So now they're calling it a $50 charge for a background check. LOLOL Good work, LP! Yeah, that makes you look so much more legitimate!
Old 04-19-2014, 03:00 PM
WAHM Regular

I am not trying to be contrary, but $50 is a standard fee for background checks. I've had to pay as much as $75 for a background check when leasing an apartment, but most have charged $50.

I do agree that this should be asked from you only after you've been assured that you have a position and not as part of the application process.

Overall, Live Person has a solid reputation there are many reputable corporations that maintain accounts with them. I would not let this be a deal breaker, I think it will open the door for you to reach a lot of people.

Tags
fee, live person, psychics, reading