Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:14 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Last night, on the "Haunting," a woman removed a demon from her home, as instructedby Shaman,by smudgingwith sage andsweetgrass, and anointing entry ways and windows with olive oil. The house shooked and windows rattle as she did the ritual, but the demon left her home.

I have never heard of using olive oil (as agent as it is), for housing blessingsor/and demon removal.

Does any one know the significance of olive oil in Shaman work?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Awesome WAHM

olive oil is used in cleansing the home and anointing candles it must eb extra virgin olive oil though it is used alot usualy they would put a design oin the windows of the home of oil a symbol in the entry ways...ie cross or pentagram depending on religious belief
Old 01-05-2007, 12:27 PM
WAHM Regular

I've know of sweetgrass and sage for smudging, I do it myself.Sea salt on the windows sills, garlic and mint,ratstails, etc.But olive oil I haven't heard of, but only in one instance in Santeria anointing the black candle or white candle for protection, or just for the spell to work, but I am not sure if they use olive oil. I am curious now to see what others have to say on this.[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Awesome WAHM

Edited by: mitsy
Old 01-05-2007, 02:21 PM

If you really want to be rid of them permanently, use praising prayer. Thank God that he/she has a loving Plan that for some reason allows this demonic situation to exist. They hate that worse than sunlight and holy water...the idea that God's in control and they only exist because God allows them to. Keep praising God (as you understand him/her) for the situation, for your blessings in life, for whatever you're motivated to thank him/her for. You'll see a huge reaction in the possesed person/house right away, if you're ever going to get fireworks, it'll happen then. It's the most powerful weapon against demonics I know.

You get a sense that fear from the witnesses/participants is feeding the "thing", and somewhere in the middle of the praising prayer/chant you suddenly feel like you're under a waterfall of joy. People go from outright terror to spontaneous laughter, and right then you know the "thing" is gone, and how simple it is to get rid of a "thing" like that.

I participated in a notable exorcism where the situation had been going on for months,twenty minutes of praise cleared it permanently. It sure opens your eyes! The spiritual isn't all faeries and butterflies out there...

Similarly, if you suffer from an inner negativity, self destructiveness or a bad habit that controls your life, it's worthwhile to try praising God/The Universe for not only allowing the negative situation, but trusting 'The All' to have a plan/purpose for good that requires it, and gives you an opportunity to overcome it and be a changed person.

OK, I'm putting away the pulpit...Psychic Monkey, banana daiquiris for everybody, on me!And that doesn't mean POUR them on me, you ding a ling...
Old 01-06-2007, 12:37 AM
WAHM Regular

I have a good friendwho is a 94 year old Levite healer. Sheuses oliveoil when bestowing a blessingupon a person to remove demons, etc.She confirms it is part of her Jewish traditions as a healer.

Donaire says this teaching was handed downto her forefathers, by the God of Abrrrahim!!! as she puts it. She rolls her R's very forcefully

Many healers and spiritual leaders use this oil to good effect for healing, or to bestow grace. It is not unique to shamanic traditions.

With each tradition the prayers used may be different but the intent is the same, to bestow grace.

The oil is the medium which holds and transfers the power of the prayer to the person or place needing the healing.

as an aside:

Shamans tend to use whatever is available at the time and cross all boundaries and all spiritual traditions, if need be.If olive oilis availablethey would use that, if not, then peanut oil or whale oil would work as well. It's the intent.

Many times I have used tap water or just whatever I had on hand.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:11 PM
WAHM Regular

In Hoodoo Rootwork, pure olive oil is an all purpose oil. and is used in various tricks, and whenusing psalms....and can be a base oil for making your own oils for whatever purpose.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:16 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Olive oil is also used in various christian churches to anoint those who come to the alter for prayer.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:35 AM
WAHM Regular

I would read the book written by Father Amorth, the official lead exorcist for the Vatican, the book is called An Exorcists Story. He explains everything used in exorcisms, and how to do them properly.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Super WAHM

cool