Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:33 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Checking in

Figured it's been a while since any one has posted so seeing what everyone has been up to lately. Anyone got any new photos to share or news?

We had a storm this past weekend and I have been working on becoming a Google Trusted Independent Photographer. So I haven't been able to shoot much lately these past few weeks. However the hard work paid off and I am now on the program with Google to take business photos, so hopefully this will open more doors and lead to increased business.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Awesome WAHM

Congrats TommyH .. hope it works out great for you. Can you share your experience on what is required ? Did you get a shoot with them?
Old 06-07-2012, 05:25 AM
WAHM Addict

Congrats Tommy! I'm interested to know what your new gig entails too! I haven't been around much, too much going on lately. Need more film for the camera so I can get out and shoot. I've been missing it.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:07 AM
Awesome WAHM

All I can say is wow for becoming a Google Trusted Independent Photographer. This is my first week marketing the service (really only Monday so far). Had 2 real estate shoots Tuesday and a shoot for the google business photo program on Wednesday which came from Monday's marketing.

This is a great opportunity, it is opening lots of doors in the world of commercial photography for me. Most businesses I have talked with are super excited about it want to have it done.

The program allows photographers like me to become trusted with google. We market to local businesses about the program which includes still photos of property as well as a virtual tour (just like the streetview but for the inside of their business).

Here is an example tour of B&H photo shot by another photog: https://www.google.com/maps?layer=c&...=0CAoQ2hQoADAA

As far as what is required, you need to have a digital camera (looks like right now crop sensors are what is approved, full frame might come later), a good tripod with a ball head, a pano head, a sigma 8mm lens, business license, liability insurance, bag to carry it all around, good dual core computer, and some more misc items. It can be kind of a costly startup but I had most of the equipment already which helps a lot.

Also another site that gives great info:
Business Photos ? Google Maps
Old 06-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Awesome WAHM

wow!! great! how much time did it take for you to get approved? They say they provide training, did you get any training?
Old 06-07-2012, 08:10 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needwrk View Post
wow!! great! how much time did it take for you to get approved? They say they provide training, did you get any training?
They do provide online training. In all in took me 3-4 weeks from start to finish, but that was b/c of holiday and bad weather. I made it through the training in about a weekend, took the test the following Wednesday (used mon and tue for review). Once that was done they shipped me a kit of some of the items I did not have as a rental. I got that the Friday before Memorial day (got hit by a tropical storm and lost power that weekend). So I couldn't do my 2 test shoots till the following week. Without the holiday, storm, and waiting for the rental kit it could have been done quicker.

But it was well worth it.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thks for the info Tommy! I applied, not sure if they are looking for photographers in my area, we'll see :-)
Old 06-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Awesome WAHM

What area are you in? Good luck I know it took a few days to a week before I heard back. If you get accepted to start the training let me know.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Awesome WAHM

I am near Dallas,TX. I did see 3 other google trusted photographers listed on their site. Will have to wait and watch. I'll let u know if I hear anything.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Awesome WAHM

This past week I had a shoot for a local motorsports dealer.

Check out their 360 walk through tour shot by me here:

Beach Blvd Motorsports