Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > WAHM Life > Pet Talk

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:52 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Pets and Kids

Hi all, so my baby is just reaching the toddling stage (which is truly terrifying as it feels like she was born yesterday!), but I have a slight issue with our cat. I'm basically trying to establish some boundaries... I want my baby to have a space where she can get used to her legs without the cat interfering as she always seems to do!

I have been looking into getting a pet gate (in particular, this one: BabyDan Premier Pet Indicator Gate | Prams.net) but obviously it has gaps which I'm pretty certain our cat can fit through, and it looks like she may even be able to jump over the top of it!

So, I'm at a loss! I don't want to close the door as I'm worried she'll hurt herself and I won't hear/see it... what do you guys suggest? Does anyone know anything out there that can keep the cat out of her room?

Thanks.

Last edited by Lran; 02-10-2017 at 02:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2017, 08:24 PM
WAHM Regular

Other shutting the cat in another room, which I would understand why you wouldn't want to do, I can't think of anything else.

What does the cat do? I am a mom of 6 and I've always had cats but none ever seemed so pesky as to cause concern.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:25 AM
Super WAHM

I suppose it would look tacky, but you can go to the hardware and get some chicken wire. Build a removable frame to slide into the doorway. The cat wouldn't get through that.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:45 AM
WAHM Regular

Unless you are afraid the cat will hurt your child I would not keep them separated. The sooner you introduce them, teach your toddler to "make nice" the better off you will be. I have always had children and animals. It is far easier to teach them all to get along. If you are afraid the toddler will hurt the cat. The cat will figure it out and run away. Hope this helps.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:58 PM
Registered WAHM

I don't think that it is a serious issue. Pet gates are available in different sizes and varieties. You can avail other options also. Please surf and find out.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:35 PM
WAHM Regular

Find a better gate or install something like a screen door