Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-17-2015, 05:59 AM
Awesome WAHM

Sadly, many who don't get an immediate positive reaction from those around them quit before they even give it a chance. Also many stop doing things to keep the excitement going like interacting with others in the company, watching training videos, keeping up to date on specials, etc. and they just fizzle out because they don't "feel" excited. Many just look for red flags or make excuses as to why the company isn't for them. And maybe the company isn't. ..but often times people throw in the towel before they've given the opportunity a fair try.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2015, 05:40 PM
WAHM Regular

I've been in one previous DS company before starting with It Works. I left the previous company because of life changes and the product that I was selling (adult items) made my husband uncomfortable.

I will say that when new businesses come out and it seems like they are on fire and I've hit a rough spot or haven't had any new business in a minute, I question whether or not I'm in the right company. But I believe in the product and I know that it isn't the company that matters in the end, it is the effort that you put into it.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:49 PM
WAHM Master

The truth is MOST people don't make it out of the first 90 days in a business because when their friends and family run out, they are done. They aren't willing to transition away from easy to do the work to sustain a business that grows.

Part of it is that they really don't get in there and learn or that they focus on learning and never do any work. I have been doing this type of business for 12 years now. I can say I finally found THE company that I have everything I need. I just have to add effort and staying power.

Many will get in and find that when business doesn't come to them, they are done. That happens to all of us. We hit rough patches and we just have to keep working through that cycle. If we stick with it long enough, we will come out of it.

I read an article one time that said that it doesn't matter what company you are with, you can make money with DS. I believe that. It is the consistent and persistent effort that makes the difference.

I think that if you can stand up in front of people and TRULY believe that you have something exciting to share and that you believe your company will treat YOU right and anyone you recruit right, that is most important. When we say "You have to have a passion", that is what we are talking about.

It really has nothing to do with which company you choose (for the most part). The biggest factor is US. Are we willing to learn from those that came before us? Are we willing to do the uncomfortable but tried and true business practices? Are we willing to put in the work and effort? Are we willing to stick with it. I can't remember the exact quote but it comes from Dr. Tom Barrett of Dare to Dream, Work to Win.

Success formula "Consistent and persistent effort+Give it enough time= Success.

Leanne
Old 05-28-2015, 08:26 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I have changed companies a lot. Here are my thoughts: You have to TRULY believe in what your company is trying to sell you and the public. One has to believe in the company philosophy, and really believe that the product you are selling is the best on the planet and that there is NO better opportunity than the one your company offers! Until you believe those things, you will always have doubts. And when you have doubts in your company, you have doubts in yourself and until you overcome those doubts you cannot be successful. All the direct selling training in the world will not help you unless you BELIEVE in your company and yourself.

I once had the best opportunity and I threw it away. I let a man and messy divorce get in my way. I found my passion once again and then my company went "belly up". I still have not found anything better than what I had and I have been searching for many years. The only way I can truly be happy with a business is if I could have that first company back. But I cannot, so I may just throw in the towel all together.

Last edited by cabimom; 05-28-2015 at 08:29 PM.