Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:24 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Your decision

Can you share why you picked the DS company you chose?

The reason and or also how you end up finding it.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2014, 07:38 AM
Awesome WAHM

I found it online when a friend posted about it. I joined because I loved the product and the concept of telling our stories in our jewelry. I stay because of the awesome support and the ability to support my team and see others reach their goals and dreams. I love what I do!
Old 08-06-2014, 08:33 AM
Super WAHM

For years I thought it would be fun to do romance parties. I was a jewelry consultant and mentioned that to my hostess. She said she had promised her husband she would never host another home party, but that if I switched industries she would have one more.

That night I started doing some research online and found Cloud 9 Parties. Signed up the next day!
Old 08-06-2014, 09:11 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I have been a home party girl for years, but every time a representative said to me, “you should do this!” I thought, “no thanks!” But that was before I found Silpada Designs.

I stumbled across Silpada when a representative was displaying her jewelry at a table in our office lobby. I absolutely LOVED the jewelry. She gave me a catalog and I pored over it and found even more pieces I loved. Despite always saying “no,” every other time I was asked, I said “yes” to Silpada. Here’s why:

1) I loved the jewelry, and with no minimums to remain active, I could at the very least get a discount of 30% (up to 50% during special sales) on pieces I would love to personally wear and give to others as gifts.

2) At my day job, I work in an office with lots of men in an environment that is very analytical and intense. I’ve found such pleasure in having a few nights or afternoons per month that are just FUN and so different from my day job! I meet fun and engaging women at parties, and help them relax and learn how to accessorize in a way that makes them feel beautiful. I also have such a great time with my hostesses, especially when it comes time to help them pick out the hundreds of dollars of free jewelry they’ve earned!

3) Silpada parties are laid back! I can spend my time mingling at the party and helping guests try on jewelry instead of giving a formal presentation or playing silly party games. There’s no sales pressure and the parties are fun for the hostess and the guests.

4) Financial flexibility was huge! My husband had been unhappy at his job for some time. Right before I found Silpada, we talked about what it would take for him to be able to leave his job and stay home with our kids, or potentially go back to school and change careers. Thanks to the extra income I’ve received from my business, he’s been able to be at home with our two children since March 2011.

These are just a few reasons why I chose Silpada, why I've been with the company 4 years, and why I look forward to being with the company for many more years in the future!
Old 08-07-2014, 04:13 AM
Super WAHM

I found Wildtree when I was looking for ways to feed my family organic for less - when I saw that they were GMO free and did not use all the nasty ingredients many other companies use I was delighted - when I discovered how amazing the comp plan is - I was even more excited. It is amazing being able to share a company that I am passionate about and make a great income for my family as well - all of my family, customers and friends love Wildtree, are repeat customers and I could not be happier with my decision!
Old 08-07-2014, 05:20 PM
WAHM Master

I was selling toys, and across from Usborne at an event. I couldn't stay away. I joined as a kit "stealer" but was enticed by the carrot of more free books. So I took advantage of the incentive period. I found books were really easy to sell, and my customers were excited about them. That was 7 years ago. It helps that I'm a book lover. But I also loved that there are multiple ways to sell, including working with schools/daycares/preschools. I've found business is everywhere.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:15 PM
WAHM Veteran

Scentsy found me. In 2006 I co-owned a company “Holiday Box Swap” where direct sellers would send me sample products from their company, and then anyone could receive a box chock full of DS samples for free, with only covering the cost of postage. One of the participants/vendors sent me a bundle of Scentsy catalogs and Scent Circles. I had never heard of that company (it was a start-up at that point), mainly out west and I'm in Michigan.

I thought the products looked interesting and for only $99 to get started, I knew I would be my own best company. I signed up sight unseen. I told my sponsor that I was not about to work it as a business and I wasn’t about having parties; I was joining mainly for personal use.

I didn’t do much with the business for almost a year. But as soon as others found out about Scentsy they were hooked. I began actually working it and devoting time to building my business. That was almost nine years ago and I’m still here and loving it!
Old 12-08-2014, 07:48 AM
Registered WAHM

I LOVE sharing this story!

I had just had my first baby and my hubby and I were struggling to make ends meet. My girlfriend suggested DS to me. I had thought about doing it before, but never felt there was a company right for me. I wasn't big into candles or jewelry, so I Googled at home businesses, and came across Dove Chocolate Discoveries.

I was SO Excited! I called my hubby at work and was like Dove does at home parties! He was like no way! He didn't believe me, so i sent him the link. He and his friend and co-worker checked it out and when he came home he said we should totally do it! So we filled out a form to get more info and then after asking a few questions, we signed up.

We felt we could not go wrong with Dove Chocolate and parties. We Love Dove Chocolate! These were all unique products not sold in stores, it was a product that would sell itself,and since I'm not much of a salesman I needed a product that would sell itself...LOL!

We have been with the company ever since and it's bee over 6 years! We love the company and feel it is a great fit for us. We have made great friends and made some extra money we have been needing. We love it, but what's not to love?