Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:04 AM
WAHM Regular

Question How many DS businesses do you have?

I just recently signed with Younique, kind of on an impulse and I'm already regretting it. I'm not a huge makeup wearer, except the weekends. I just don't know if I can market the product or devote enough time to it.

I have 2 others companies I do, one is a Locket company and one is bags (online store with affiliates). I'm just wondering how many companies is too many? LOL I know that's odd, but I don't do much with the bags, and I really want to keep it at 3 considering I work full time outside my home.

I have a friend who is really trying to get me to join PZ or Our Hearts Desire, but that's just too many for me. I guess I"m just looking for a bit of encouragement or guidance. I've done Paparazzi before and I did well at it, but I cannot keep money tied up in inventory anymore.

Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2014, 11:33 AM
Super WAHM

I totally understand how you feel. Once you get the DS bug it's hard to shake it.

One thing I've learned is that a lot of times I'm looking for the next shiny new object that will take off. When what I really should be doing is focusing more of my time on my ONE major line and see where it takes me. After focusing on my number one, in the last few months it's really taken off.

That's what works for me.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:21 PM
Awesome WAHM

I think it depends on where you want to go with your business. If you want to grow and create a significant income for yourself, I believe it's best to put your efforts one place so you're not fragmented. Find the thing you are passionate about and do that! That's when you will see things really take off.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:57 PM
WAHM Regular

Definitely just one! If you want people to take you seriously, stick with one and run with it! I guarantee you will not make it to the big time in 5 different companies but if you stick it out with one company you will get there if you work hard enough. There's no way I would ever be able to devote myself to more than just one company. Scentsy takes up all of my spare time and I'm now known in town as the Scentsy lady. Pick the one you are the most passionate about and save the others for personal use orders! Direct sales is not a get rich quick business. A lot of times you will work more than the average 9-5. Sometimes it will pay off. Sometimes it will not. But if you stick with it and work work work, you will make it to the top and be able to work part time to full time to earn a six figure income. Remember - customers are your income for today, bookings are your income for tomorrow, recruits are your income for the future. And it takes time.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:41 PM
WAHM Addict

I also have to agree with the other ladies here. I work full time outside the home and only can focus on one business and give it my ALL. I know some people like to join for their own personal use, but as far as building a big team and earning that nice residual income, it takes total focus and dedication, because you are building your team and also helping your team members and being there for them when they need you. It takes time to build and grow. To focus on 2 or 3 different businesses, to me, would be exhausting. I then would not enjoy what I am doing, and that is so important Also, I don't want my team members seeing me dabbling in other businesses, because many times, they copy what you do. You want them to duplicate you in the one business you are passionate about

Best wishes to you!
Alison
Old 01-23-2014, 09:30 PM
Super WAHM

Agreed. I can't imagine having more than one personally...but that is me. When I see people with multiple (and I'm talking more than 2 or 3) I wonder how devoted they are in any of them.

To the original poster, I have seen several friends do well with Younique with a primarily online focus so maybe it wouldn't take as much time, but it will still take time. But if you are questioning your commitment then I think you have answered your own question
Old 01-24-2014, 05:54 AM
Super WAHM

I have 2 - Wildtree and NYR Organic - they really go hand in hand as they both fit into our organic and GMO free lifestyle - I have a large team with Wildtree so I absolutely dedicate more time to it but I love NYR's products and I do use them myself as well as share with family and friends.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:14 AM
Awesome WAHM

One is all I can handle But I've signed up for the products with other companies although I tell people upfront so they don't think I'm doing the business. Wouldn't be fair.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:05 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvconner View Post
I just recently signed with Younique, kind of on an impulse and I'm already regretting it. I'm not a huge makeup wearer, except the weekends. I just don't know if I can market the product or devote enough time to it.

I have 2 others companies I do, one is a Locket company and one is bags (online store with affiliates). I'm just wondering how many companies is too many? LOL I know that's odd, but I don't do much with the bags, and I really want to keep it at 3 considering I work full time outside my home.

I have a friend who is really trying to get me to join PZ or Our Hearts Desire, but that's just too many for me. I guess I"m just looking for a bit of encouragement or guidance. I've done Paparazzi before and I did well at it, but I cannot keep money tied up in inventory anymore.

Suggestions?
I only have one(Scent-Sations)however I am looking at this company just as a customer(Younique)I hear the mascara is good.I wear makeup only when we go out.I do not know alot of people that sell for more than one,but I do think one may get more attention than the other.Good luck.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:57 PM
WAHM Regular

I worked for two different DS companies a few years ago. In my experience there is no way you can give both the attention they deserve. Also, at that time, I was strapped for money and really could only afford the business supplies for one company (business cards, stamper, etc) I ended up picking the wrong company to devote my time and money to and both faultered. I ended up quitting both. It was a few years later that I looked back and realized my mistake and went back to the one that I truly had a passion for.