Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:00 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm very sorry I hope you can find something you love.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2013, 08:04 PM
WAHM Fanatic

That's a bummer! Sorry to hear this...
Old 12-19-2013, 09:28 PM
WAHM Fanatic

They always seem to go under right before Dec. 31st so they don't get creamed in taxes. So sorry. I am getting more and more leary of newer companies. I say stick with the good old companies- or one that has seen consistant growth and improvement for at least l0 years. JMO.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:34 PM
Awesome WAHM

It seems that companies who are already established and decides to use direct
Marketing/party plan as another way to market may not be so dedicated
To direct sales but just sees it as another marketing arm to do business as compare to a company
Who markets their products solely through direct sales.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:36 AM
WAHM Fanatic

That's sad.

I do wonder how direct sales reps do when the company they are selling for is in competition with them right in their local grocery store. I also think the previous poster made a great point about how some traditional companies aren't really committed to direct sales when they start up that line of business.

Good luck and I hope you find something that makes you happy!
Old 12-20-2013, 01:53 PM
WAHM Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nv93446 View Post
I think you're smart to take your time. Any company can close as we've seen with companies that have been around for decades. Even with Dove and its name recognition, that's surprising. There are no guarantees as you made the best decision for you at the time. I'm sure you'll find something you'll love again
Very well said.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Awesome WAHM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabimom View Post
They always seem to go under right before Dec. 31st so they don't get creamed in taxes. So sorry. I am getting more and more leary of newer companies. I say stick with the good old companies- or one that has seen consistant growth and improvement for at least l0 years. JMO.
I think this came as a surprise to everyone. Very disheartening to think that Lindt would treat their advisors this way ... most especially those with parties booked well into next year ! I guess the old adage that, "You're in business for yourself but not by yourself" is just a farce.

When I first heard this news Friday morning, I was truly heartsick for the advisors who were building teams and selling up a storm.

Oh well. Hmmm. If there is anything to be learned from this is that there are no guarantees. We must keep going and look for the best opportunities that can arise from the ashes.

I am sending my best to all chocolate advisors and you are certainly in my thoughts and prayers. Better days ahead for all !

Pink Pea
Old 12-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz.jewels View Post
That's sad.

I do wonder how direct sales reps do when the company they are selling for is in competition with them right in their local grocery store. I also think the previous poster made a great point about how some traditional companies aren't really committed to direct sales when they start up that line of business.

Good luck and I hope you find something that makes you happy!
This is exactly why I did not do the business. I signed up when they had the $1 special, and since there were no monthly quotas, I was active until December. I'm thinking a lot of people that signed with this special went inactive at the same time and there was a massive drop in consultants,that were 'active' on paper.

I did like the concept of using the 5 senses, and I did start buying more of the chocolate after I found out about the quality - but I bought it in stores. And I noticed that though the direct sales division had more to offer, the stores I went to were continually offering their newer products as well.

And on the note about companies that have a direct sales division, which ones can you think of to add:

Still Around
Dove Chocolate Discoveries (Mars Dove Chocolate)

Gone, but not forgotten
Lindt RSVP (Lindt)
Body Shop at Home (The Body Shop)
Big Yellow Box (Crayola)
Old 12-23-2013, 03:18 PM
WAHM Regular

I heard about this on Facebook a few days ago. I'm sorry to hear this.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:57 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by apples4 View Post
This is exactly why I did not do the business. I signed up when they had the $1 special, and since there were no monthly quotas, I was active until December. I'm thinking a lot of people that signed with this special went inactive at the same time and there was a massive drop in consultants,that were 'active' on paper.

I did like the concept of using the 5 senses, and I did start buying more of the chocolate after I found out about the quality - but I bought it in stores. And I noticed that though the direct sales division had more to offer, the stores I went to were continually offering their newer products as well.

And on the note about companies that have a direct sales division, which ones can you think of to add:

Still Around
Dove Chocolate Discoveries (Mars Dove Chocolate)

Gone, but not forgotten
Lindt RSVP (Lindt)
Body Shop at Home (The Body Shop)
Big Yellow Box (Crayola)

Oh I agree, it was really hard with the stores starting to offer more of the newer products, but even my husband who worked @ walmart could taste the difference... My mother today just asked me earlier "why did your truffles taste better than the ones my boyfriend brought me, and they were the same brand"...

Dove is different of course. What they offer is not at all available in stores. It's a completely different line... I think Lindt could've been successful, if they had not had the Lindt.com AND stores AND the Lindt retail stores to compete with.