Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Would love your opinion please

After three years, I've decided to leave my current company. There are three companies I'm considering. I absolutely love the product lines about the same, all three have fewer than 12,000 reps which makes them amazing opportunities, and two of the three support causes that are near and dear to my heart. The biggie for me is totally being sold on the charity the company supports...it needs to be one that is unquestionably going to something I believe in.

All three companies are on the newer side, but not just opening their doors, and they either have some name recognition or are debt free. So I believe the stability is there...plus the potential for growth is there.

Two carry personalized items, bags in particular, but one also has a large line of personalized jewelry, phone cases, handbags, accessories, towels, a men's line, baby line, etc. etc. The other has mostly bags, luggage, totes, and accessories. Both are up to date with social media and allow reps to have fan pages too! I will make the decision based on a few factors, but would love to hear women's opinions about two of the three lines (the two most similar). They are Initial Outfitters, and Initial Inc.

If you have a minute to check out their sites and just let me know your thoughts about what you see. I'd love to hear what you all think.

Thanks ...

Last edited by accents4you2; 10-04-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2013, 12:32 AM
Super WAHM

Without looking at either site, I would be inclined to go with the company that offers the larger variety of products as it will allow for a larger audience.

After looking at the two sites I'm torn. I still like the variety of Initial Outfitters, there prices may be a bit lower, and it seems like their hostess reward plan is a bit better. However I think I actually like the look of the Initials, Inc. products better.

How's that for helpful? If I were forced to choose, I think it would be Initial Outfitters for me.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:50 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Thank you

Thanks Stacey...I appreciate your input. And yes, it was helpful. Interesting it seems like you were leaning towards one, and then the other. That's kind of where I'm at right now...lol. That's why I thought I'd conduct a little bit of market research and find out what others think. I really do appreciate you taking the time to check out the sites too!
Old 10-05-2013, 07:40 AM
WAHM Regular

Default opinion

[QUOTE=accents4you2;3163973]After three years, I've decided to leave my current company. There are three companies I'm considering. I absolutely love the product lines about the same, all three have fewer than 12,000 reps which makes them amazing opportunities, and two of the three support causes that are near and dear to my heart. The biggie for me is totally being sold on the charity the company supports...it needs to be one that is unquestionably going to something I believe in.

All three companies are on the newer side, but not just opening their doors, and they either have some name recognition or are debt free. So I believe the stability is there...plus the potential for growth is there.

Two carry personalized items, bags in particular, but one also has a large line of personalized jewelry, phone cases, handbags, accessories, towels, a men's line, baby line, etc. etc. The other has mostly bags, luggage, totes, and accessories. Both are up to date with social media and allow reps to have fan pages too! I will make the decision based on a few factors, but would love to hear women's opinions about two of the three lines (the two most similar). They are Initial Outfitters, and Initial Inc.

If you have a minute to check out their sites and just let me know your thoughts about what you see. I'd love to hear what you all think.

Thanks ...[/QUOTE

Thats a tough one, they are simuliar indeed! However i don't think you'll go wrong choosing
one or the other, both I think offer great products, yes initial outfitters has more variety of products, I think whichever way your leaning that's the way you should go, I think sometimes we really know what company to go with then we seem to maybe over think things, or talk ourselves out of it! Iv'e been there lol! Anyway go with the company that more excites you! Good luck to you! Please let us know what you decide on :-)
Old 10-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Awesome WAHM

I would agree they both seem quite similar. I would go with the one that you'd buy from first as a customer with or without the business, then make a list of other things to consider i.e. comp plan, etc. Being a customer first is the first indication for me. There are many companies I adore but the minute I ask myself "would I spend x amount" on a product and if it's not an absolute yes, then I would reconsider.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:47 AM
WAHM Regular

Honestly, I think that Initials inc has nicer products. The initial outfitters stuff looks cheaply made. I am not a rep for either, but personally I would want a company that focuses on one thing and does it well. Rather than a huge product line with no focus.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Awesome WAHM

Wow ladies! Thanks for all the input.

Your comments are very helpful. Yes, they are similar in a lot of ways. As far as IO, they do have a wider base of personalized items. They used to be in retails stores offering all kinds of unique and personalized items, so when they switched to DS, they continued to offer a lot of different things.

I have been in contact with the National Recruiters for both companies. The one from II is going to be at an event in the OC in CA this month, so I will be able to meet with her and see the items in person. The NR from IO put me in touch with a rep who lives in the area, so I will be able to see their product line first hand this month too. Quality is important to me, so I'm excited I'll be able to check both out.

They both have amazing training/accountability programs too. One is called High Heel Camp, the other is Boot Camp. I've heard really great things about both.

I really appreciate you all taking the time to check out the sites..

I'd love to hear more..

P.S. Janette, Yes, I am making my list of Christmas gifts I need to see which one has the most I'd like to give. That will be one factor.

Last edited by accents4you2; 10-05-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Awesome WAHM

I'm not familiar with IO personally, but I find their catalog to be overwhelming. So many items! As a consumer, it makes me wonder how good the quality can be when the company isn't specialized.

As for II, I have quite a few of their items, A couple of the bags I got have a vinyl feel which wasn't what I was expecting, but overall, I like what I've received from them, I also have a friend who sells II, and she is happy with the company.

Personally, I would order from each company (or go to a party for each one) to see how you like the items in person before jumping on board.

Good luck!
Old 10-06-2013, 04:45 AM
WAHM Regular

I first saw IO in 2008 and I almost joined their company then.......and when I rejoined my current company, I thought about IO again. I had a hard time frinding an IO reo to talk to and that is really the only reason I didn't join them. I have seen the II offering too....and I am still partial to IO. But with both of them about the same in your mind I would go with the company whose products you love.....because I cannot see selling things you don't enjoy yourself
Old 10-06-2013, 08:07 AM
WAHM Veteran

I would go with the company that offers the products which will afford you most opportunity for repeat customers. Bags and totes aren't considered consumables that your customers would be reordering on a regular basis. If you have to constantly look for new customers it's going to be harder to grow a business.