Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:34 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default When considering a new DS business to join

What are your top FACTS that you want disclosed and shared when you interview with someone?

I like~~
How to earn...share all the ways
How you are paid/when
What the total cost is to get started..not just the kit price
Who does and How is the training is laid out
and tell me lots of info on the product(s) in this line..why to love it and why it is loved =)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2013, 10:06 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Minimum order requirements
Any future costs/requirements to stay active
Functionality provided by back office
Training opportunities and costs
Average party sales
Old 07-17-2013, 12:04 PM
WAHM Veteran

Corporate questions:

1. What is the training like? Is there a training center for consultants? Is it all self-paced or are there calls or in-person trainings, workshops, conventions? Is the training geared both toward product education or technical procedures such as how to enter parties, policies and procedures, etc.
2. What are the monthly or quarterly qualifications as far as personal sales to stay active? What happens if you go inactive? Are you terminated or can you reactivate?
3. Do you have a copy of the compensation plan? Can you start recruiting other team members right away or do you need to reach a certain rank advancement?
4. What are the policies and procedures on marketing the business online? Separate website permitted? Blog? Facebook page? What are restrictions on use of the logo or use of company name? Does the company offer marketing collateral? If so, what kind and how much? Are we able to sell at vendor events/fairs and shows.
5. Is there an option of setting up an online party that customers from all across the country can shop from, with volumes crediting to the host?
6. How much is the monthly website/webstore hosting?

Sponsor questions:

1. How long have you been with your company? What about your upline? Are they knowledgeable or accessible? Or is that not really protocol to reach out to them?
2. Are you an active business builder or do you mainly work this part time and are having fun with it?
3. What is your preferred method of communication? (email, FB, text, phone, etc?)
4. Do you have a downline? How many people? How do you train/mentor your new team members?
5. How accessible are you to respond to questions? Meaning what is a reasonable time frame to expect a return message from you?
6. What is the best thing you like about your company?
7. No one company is perfect, what’s one thing about the company that has opportunities for improvement or that you’d change?
Old 07-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Banned

I also think it is important to talk with several potential uplines and choose the best one that fits with your personality/goals/expectations, etc...
Old 07-28-2013, 05:27 AM
WAHM Regular

I woud insist on knowing:

1 - How many reps are in my area already? How do they control the number of reps in an area?

I don't want to be in an overgrazed pasture, offering deep discounts just to make a sale. I want some controlled grazing so there are fewer of us, but we're all plump.

2 - What are their product ordering and return policies?

3 - Do they reward selling as much as they do recruiting? (see question 1 - I don't want to recruit my customers to be my competitors, and I don't want another rep poaching my customer base to build her team.)

Straight direct sales with a good company can be profitable. If you get into uncontrolled recruiting and "team building", the number of customers per rep drops sharply and it's impossible to make a living.

4 - Sales volume and number of currently active reps. Divide the number of reps into the sales volume and you have an idea of how overgrazed the pasture is ... Mary Kay, for example, has 3 billion in sales, but 3 million reps, for a paltry $1,000 average sales per rep. That's not encouraging.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:48 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Gardens View Post
I woud insist on knowing:

1 - How many reps are in my area already? How do they control the number of reps in an area?

I don't want to be in an overgrazed pasture, offering deep discounts just to make a sale. I want some controlled grazing so there are fewer of us, but we're all plump.

2 - What are their product ordering and return policies?

3 - Do they reward selling as much as they do recruiting? (see question 1 - I don't want to recruit my customers to be my competitors, and I don't want another rep poaching my customer base to build her team.)

Straight direct sales with a good company can be profitable. If you get into uncontrolled recruiting and "team building", the number of customers per rep drops sharply and it's impossible to make a living.

4 - Sales volume and number of currently active reps. Divide the number of reps into the sales volume and you have an idea of how overgrazed the pasture is ... Mary Kay, for example, has 3 billion in sales, but 3 million reps, for a paltry $1,000 average sales per rep. That's not encouraging.
So if Initials, Inc the company I am with did 5.3 million last year in sales volume and only has 10,387 consultants. That is a great company to be in as there isn't a lot of reps for average sales would be 5,000 per rep. Wow got to go figure out our competitors for overgrazed the pasture.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Super WAHM

How am I allowed to market?

How many reps in my area?

What are my monthly minimums for personal and team sales?

What incentives are offered for sales?

What is my personal discount?

What are shipping costs/times?

Customer specials/incentives?

How often are new products released?

Is it a ecologically responsible company?

Last edited by lisabathome; 08-14-2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 08-15-2013, 07:35 AM
Super WAHM

Make sure you do your own research about the company itself and the owners. Make sure that they are in line with your beliefs/ comfort-level. You don't want to get involved with a company to later find out that there is something about it that makes you uncomfortable (speaking from personal experience). Just do your research!!!
Old 08-27-2013, 11:24 PM
WAHM Regular

~ Cost of startup (Kit, samples, taxes, shipping)
~ Monthly quotas?
~ Required monthly purchases (catalogs, samples, business needs)
~ Renewal charges
~ Fees? (websites, newsletters, etc)
~ How commission is earned and payed
Old 08-28-2013, 07:21 AM
WAHM Master

These questions would depend on whether you were wanting to make money or have a personal hobby business.

Definitely ask about quotas simply so you know that you aren't having to sell a ridiculous amount but other than that, if you can't sell $50 a month, then that is a hobby business, not a money making business. Nothing wrong with that if that is what you want.

Really that is the key to any of these questions. You need to match what you want with your business with an upline that is willing and able to help you get what you want from your business. And that requires a conversation. It doesn't hurt to have a list of questions but really having good communication with your sponsor and knowing her support system to help you achieve your goals with the business is is key.

HTH
Leanne