Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:46 AM
WAHM Regular

Default For those who sell more than one line -

When you do fairs, shows and festivals, how do you choose which line you represent? Or do you present more than one line out of one booth?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2013, 01:31 PM
Super WAHM

For me, my two products are so different,it depends on the show. I will sell my concrete at Arts and Crafts shows. And I mean TRUE craft shows, where only artists or handmade designs are sold.

At a vendor show I sell my Origami Owl. People go to vendor shows for just that! The know they can find their favorite companies there, and if I'm there with my concrete, they kind of look at me funny.

This coming summer I am actually hoping to get two booths one for each product. However, I am going to need more people on my team to help me man them.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:46 PM
Registered WAHM

I didn't want to have 2 lines because I thought it would be way too confusing. My candle line is complex enough with all the rules and programs. But my friend turned me onto Half Price Jewelry because it was designed for an additional line. Most of their business partners just add jewelry to their table during their shows for their primary company and sell it cash and carry. You don't buy a kit and there are no fees or quotas, so you can buy some whenever you want. They don't even want you to advertise their brand, just make some extra $$ at your shows and not have conflicting programs. Until recently, all my shows were for candles, and I made some extra money selling jewelry. Some of the HPJ girls started having HPJ parties and paying their hostesses cash, $4 per item sold, and were getting tons of bookings, so I tried a couple and now those hostesses want to do HPJ parties and make cash. Thats OK with me because I still make 50% and I can take candle orders too.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Super WAHM

I do 4 DS companies: Thirty-One, Spirit Lockets, Jerky Direct, and Plexus - (all totally different and I joined each of them for totally different reasons). To date, I have only participated in events with my Thirty-One business, however, the intention was not to sell products, but rather to get leads for home parties or recruits. And Thirty-One will always be my choice as far as events go, but, I tried to get a table at a local event recently and someone else with Thirty-One had already applied, so I will be participating with my Spirit Lockets for that one.

And, for the "farmer's/crafter's" vendor events, it has to be something handmade so if I wanted to participate in those, I would do so with Spirit Lockets, but, would have my contact info available for Thirty-One on the table, too.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:33 AM
Awesome WAHM

Wow, you must be one busy lady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissaferrell View Post
I do 4 DS companies: Thirty-One, Spirit Lockets, Jerky Direct, and Plexus - (all totally different and I joined each of them for totally different reasons). To date, I have only participated in events with my Thirty-One business, however, the intention was not to sell products, but rather to get leads for home parties or recruits. And Thirty-One will always be my choice as far as events go, but, I tried to get a table at a local event recently and someone else with Thirty-One had already applied, so I will be participating with my Spirit Lockets for that one.

And, for the "farmer's/crafter's" vendor events, it has to be something handmade so if I wanted to participate in those, I would do so with Spirit Lockets, but, would have my contact info available for Thirty-One on the table, too.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bling1 View Post
Wow, you must be one busy lady.
To say the least - and all of that is on top of a F/T job in advertising sales and 3 small kiddos, well, not so small anymore; 13, 12, and almost 9 - oh, and my oldest "kid" my husband LOL!

I don't really "promote" anything except for the Thirty-One.

The Jerky Direct, I joined for personal use since jerky is a staple in my household - it is the same price to become a Distributor, where you could possibly get outside sales and build a downline with, as being a Preferred Customer so that was an easy choice.

Spirit Lockets I joined because it is free and I love the concept since I have been one of those parents on the side lines cheering on their child and the team, but didn't want to pay $20 for a t-shirt to wear for 6 weeks then put away in a drawer somewhere, and what woman doesn't love jewelry, especially stuff that they can design and change to suit her needs?

Plexus I joined because I was looking for something to help my 8 year old daughter lose weight and I wanted that something to be all natural so I ordered for her, but then while I was waiting for it to get here, did more research on it and found testimonials from people that were not only experiencing weight loss, but lots of other health benefits, so again, for the same price as a Preferred Customer, I could get the products at a discounted price, and then make commission on my, and other purchases, and possibly build a downline with, too. So, if I am going to use it, may as well pay less for it I've got my whole family on it now since my 8 year old lost 11 pounds in just 2 weeks; my son could use to lose some weight; my other daughter, although not diagnosed, I believe has some mild forms of ADD/ADHD, so going to see if I can get the same results with her as others have seen with their kids; and I take it because I suffer from daily chronic migraines, and take several medications (preventative and rescue) that suck the life out of me so take the Plexus to get some much needed energy

And then I also do iLA, which I began in Jan., but quickly got my downline on that one so it is on auto-roll and don't do anything else with it.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:12 AM
WAHM Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_mialisia View Post
It depends on if they already have consultants for that event or not. Scentsy only allows one consultant per event so if I am double branded and they already have a Scentsy consultant, then I will choose to showcase the other brand instead.
Scentsy actually allows more than one of the same brand vendor at an event now if the event coordinator is okay with it. Though I do agree that unless it's a very large event, you might as well select another brand if one is already represented, then you won't be competing for business with another consultant from the same company.

Most DS companies won't allow you to have two companies in the same booth. It just sends a poor message announcing that you're not doing very well with one company so you are trying to cast your net wider in hopes of catching something. It can also send a message that you're a kit collector or biz hopper which could deter some from wanting to join your team. If you aim narrow, you'll miss narrow. No need for wide nets.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:41 AM
WAHM Regular

Kenny......I know that many direct sales companies do not allow you to have different companies set up at the same booth and/or party. So, be sure to check with your consultant agreement(s) before doing so.

Sue
Old 06-16-2013, 08:40 PM
Registered WAHM

Default The demographics help me decide

I represent Origami Owl and most recently Mialisia. Both of them are jewelry companies and so I try to find out the demographics of the group to decide which one I will represent. Mialisia is still in pre-launch so I'm currently booking a lot of booths because I want to get the word out.

Bekki
Old 07-10-2013, 08:48 PM
WAHM Regular

I represent Miche and Mialisia, but never at the same time. And a friend in Origami Owl told me that their corporate has cracked down on multiple jewelry DS representation, so you have to drop one to join the other. I just hope Miche doesn't launch a jewelry line!

I've spent over 2 years with Miche, doing home parties and vendor events. I plan to spend the next 6 months focusing on Mialisia for vendor events or home parties, but still doing Miche home parties. I have a Miche team to pass my vendor events off to now, so I don't have to carry as much inventory.