Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Grand WAHM

Good luck with your search! Take your time and ask LOTS of questions! Keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 07:05 AM
Super WAHM

Deciding between wine and jewelry, that's always a tough decision I have heard of both companies but Lia Sophia has a much bigger name in my area. Good or bad.

I agree with that has been said. Once you've made the decision on which one interests you most, really look around for the right sponsor. Before I joined my last company, I contacted a few consultants. I asked a lot of questions not only about the company but also about that person and their team. I found one that I clicked with and it was great from there. It makes life a lot better if you have a supportive upline.

Good luck!!

~Amy
Old 01-30-2013, 07:18 AM
Banned

Yes, the only way you will enjoy a home business and make it work is if you LOVE your products/service. Best wishes

Alison
Old 01-30-2013, 12:27 PM
WAHM Regular

I did a lot of research when I was looking for an opportunity. It can be overwhelming, so I wrote down a small list of what I was looking for and what I didn't want to do. First, I would definitely say find a product you use and love to share with others.. when you have a passion for what you do, you'll love to share and it won't feel like a job. Its also important to check out the company.. how long have they been around, what is their compensation plan, are parties required or can you share with others who could sell the products retail, etc. There are so many wonderful opportunities in this forum, I'm sure you'll find what fits you perfectly! Good luck!!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:06 PM
Awesome WAHM

Wink Choosing a Direct Sales Biz

Lots of great info shared here.
I do tell those that I speak with to find a product you love, that you want to tell your grandma and everyone else about. Your passion for the product will be a key to your success.

Finding a Sponsor/Mentor who listens to what you want from a business and then helps you develop
a strategy to acheive that is worth the effort to interview a few folks in the business you are considering. Choose wisely as this person is your lifeline as you learn the business and your reference later. Don't be afraid to ask for references.

Do check out the Compensation plan. Does it work for you? Have it explained so that you really know how, when and what for you will be paid for.

Consider if your product is a one time sale, has extras to sale later, or is repeat customer driven.
Decide what factors/options are important to you.

What is the cost of doing this business~The start Kit, the cost of doing an average party, supplies, displays, office needs, etc.

What avenues are open to you for selling your product. Parties, one-to-one sales, booths, online, websites, fundraisers, book parties, etc.

You really are making an investment and you want to have the facts to make an informed choice.

Wishes that you find the perfect spot and company for you!

Lynn Andreske
Old 01-31-2013, 01:00 PM
Registered WAHM

Thank you everyone for your support and inspiration! I have decided to join Lia Sophia because of I just love the product. I am a mom of two little girls, 3 and 1. I actually never was much of a jewelry person. I was also in a bit of a funk, trying to juggle my two kids, I had little time to put into my appearance. I was dragged to a show with little intention to buy one piece. During the show, I got "roped" into hosting a show for myself. My show was a lot of fun. When I received my jewelry for being a hostess, I fell in love. I love how it makes me feel. It makes me want to look good again. It really has boosted my confidence. So thanks again for all your comments, it helped me go with what I really like!

Becky
Old 01-31-2013, 01:20 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Becky, with that enthusiasm and love for your product, I have no doubt you will be successful. Congratulations on your new business!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Super WAHM

Best of luck! Traveling vineyard isn't a option in PA yet
Old 02-11-2013, 07:16 AM
WAHM Regular

Good luck with your decision. As already mentioned you will see on this site that there are so many fabulous companies. You can usually check with a company to see how many consultants are in a particular state or area?? (Maybe not). You have to love what you represent. You may also want to consider whether it is a consumable product. If you only have a few hours to work you may want the benefits of regular repeat orders. I have a friend who was with traveling vineyard. She had wonderful parties with great turnouts. Her only downside was that because these are wine parties people always wanted to book them on weekends. This is something to think about too especially if you were thinking working a few weeknights. Just a few thoughts to take or leave. Keep us posted on what you choose!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Super WAHM

Hi beck81,

Some great information provided here from the posts people have already provided. I agree, find something your very passionate about... this is key.

What I've found is you may also want to consider leveraging your time the best since you are a busy mom. Consider looking at companies that specialize in party plans that also get people on an autoship. I don't want to pick on any companies, but I've found companies that have to do a lot of retailing and phone calls to sell items over and over have to do a lot more work (and hence, more time) vs. companies using a model of having people sign up on an autoship as a "preferred customer" and having the company ship to them every month. This will save you time and allow you to better leverage yourself.

Best wishes and hope you find what your looking for.

Brian