Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:58 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I just had a friend that was with AHA post that the company informed them that they HAVE closed. I have known a few people who have been with them for many years. So sad to see another company go & so many sales consultants have their businesses ended.

Amanda
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2012, 10:28 AM
WAHM Fanatic

That is too bad. I really liked their products and have some in my home. I too knew a woman who had been with them a long time. What a shame. I have read a few posts on facebook from different consultants who are announcing to their customers that they are out of business. It is really sad. Some still have open orders that have not been filled. But the most disturbing thing to me are the consultants from other home decor companies already "reaching out" to them to join their company. I wouldn't dream of doing that, how insensitive can you be? I sure hope I don't read about any Willow House consultants doing that.

Last edited by cabimom; 09-08-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Awesome WAHM

It's true, I just got an email from a consultant letting me know they have closed.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:03 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Wow, I am sorry to hear that it is true.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:10 PM
WAHM Regular

That is scary
Old 09-08-2012, 07:44 PM
WAHM Regular

You know what I CAN'T believe is that they even bothered to put a new Fall catalog out and keep the HSS's thinking they were still "good." I mean, they even charged for those catalogs and they knew they were going under. I just don't understand.

They are/were my favorite home decor company. Over all the other ones. Oh well. . . . I guess this is just another sign of our wonderful economy.

Again, I am very sad for all involved.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:45 AM
WAHM Fanatic

A poor economy exposes poorly run businesses and some of them go under. It's a shame because as representatives, it is hard to discern which companies are really run well enough to survive a test.

It is awful that this has happened, but don't blame the economy in isolation. Great well-run companies find ways to thrive in challenging environments. Look at all the companies that haven't gone out of business and where reps are doing so well.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:32 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspirationswithme View Post
...Some of the posts are saying the closing is only for a few days. What company closes its doors for a "few days" and then reopens?...
I read a similar rumor - that they were bought out and are "temporarily closed" and "hoping" to reopen.

It wouldn't be the first time. I think it was a couple of years ago when the company announced they were closing, but at the last minute someone invested and they reopened shortly after.

In my mind, it's all rumors until there's an official announcement. But of course for customers and consultants who are waiting for orders and commissions, it's very frustrating and stressful. I hope it all gets resolved quickly and satisfactorily.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:19 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz.jewels View Post

A poor economy exposes poorly run businesses and some of them go under.

It is awful that this has happened, but don't blame the economy in isolation.

Great well-run companies find ways to thrive in challenging environments. Look at all the companies that haven't gone out of business and where reps are doing so well.
Wells aid Liz.

There are companies in this industry that are THRIVING and exploding and they have the same economy as other companies.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:14 AM
WAHM Regular

What a bummer. I thought they were a good company.