Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Awesome WAHM

Hi Flyaway- I love shoes, fashion, jewelry and all the cute girly stuff but as a business these products are typically a party plan and as much as I love them, I don't like doing parties on a consistent basis so it's not a good fit for me. If you don't choose the right business format for you, you will struggle, and why many party planners quit even though they love the products! It takes a lot of work and determination to get those parties booked so understanding upfront what you're willing to do is important .

Shoes can be tricky because women need to try them, similar to jeans, and clothes too. It's hard to buy online unless you're already familiar with the brand, which means you will have to rely on a party format to sell these products.

Personally, for me the consumable products make business sense, and I'm a product person so this type of business makes sense on a business level. It's highly consumable which can create loyalty from your customers and generate repeat orders.

That said, I still believe in passion trumping all the "how's" so if you absolutely LOVE something- just go for it and know what you need to do achieve success!

I hope this helps.

~Janette
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Super WAHM

I would suggest going with the company that you are the most excited about. Don't focus on all of the what ifs. We talk ourselves out of what we want to do that way.

Good luck with the company you decide to go with.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:11 PM
WAHM Master

For me( and just me) the shoes have zero appeal but the bath and body is something I use all the time.
Have to go with what YOU like and what has a mass appeal too. Though some will argue that a niche is a better way to corner the market.

Whatever you choose, hope you enjoy it!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:56 AM
WAHM Addict

just a thought ....if you like both why not do both? I know some say to focus on one but I know people that do more than one ..... not everyone is going to like the shoes, not everyone is going to like the bath and body stuff ..... you could start out doing some spa parties ...maybe focusing on summer feet! Do the companies have stuff to keep feet pretty??? Or do summer spa - like stuff for feet, body scrubs, etc and then mix in the shoes which are great for summer fun!!!! ))
Old 06-22-2012, 01:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyaway View Post
I need some feedback from all of you lovely ladies out there (and men, if any out there on this forum) !!

I am trying to decide between two companies to join. One being "OneSoul' - interchangeable shoes (as seen on SharkTank). The other is Perfectly Posh. (all-natural fun body products, similiar to Body Shop brand and the Lush brand).

My question is....which one would be an easier sell ?? The interchangeable soles / shoes are a fantastic, unique concept. The soles are priced at approx $70, and then each interchangeable top varies between $12 - $20. Hundreds and hundreds of designs, themes etc. for the tops. The bath/body products are fantastic as they are made in USA, 100% organic, natural, free from parabens,sulfates etc. etc.

Can I get some feedback from you all ???

Thankyou !!
I agree go with the one you are most passionate about and then if you want to add the other one later do so! You have to do what makes you happy otherwise you won't succeed!
Old 06-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Banned

I made my decision and went with PERFECTLY POSH - I am thrilled about the company and cannot waiit to get started !!

Thankyou for all your feedback - it was most appreciated and helped me out a lot.

Christine
Old 06-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
I made my decision and went with PERFECTLY POSH - I am thrilled about the company and cannot waiit to get started !!

Thankyou for all your feedback - it was most appreciated and helped me out a lot.

Christine
Good luck in your new venture!
Old 06-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Super WAHM

Yeah! It's always exciting when you finally decide and can get started. Good luck Christine.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Banned

Congratulations on your new business Chris. I am so thankful you picked our wonderful team to join and I look forward to working with you.

Sharing the love of POSH,
Catherine
Old 06-23-2012, 03:53 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:

Christine
Congratulations & much success in your new business!