Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Super WAHM

Default Looking for Company that offers Health Insurance..

I am currently with Jamberry Nails, and LOVE it, but because it's such a new company, nothing has been said about health insurance options. I have heard of companies offering it to their consultants to purchase, and was wondering which do. Tupperware used to, do they still? Anyone else? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Super WAHM

Thumbs up

Hello Littleshamrock,

I will be happy to send you a free discount prescription card from Xpress Healthcare for you and your family. There is no obligation to you. You can use it for you and your families prescriptions at a contracted RX store. Walgreens, Walmart etc. You can call the number on the front of the card to find a store near you. Xpress Healthcare has a site on WAHM if you need more info.

The ABO's are sending these out personally....so please send me a PM that includes your mailing address and I will send you your card as soon as possible. NO shipping and handling is required!

I wish you the best success with your new business venture!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Hi

Avon offers the representatives benefits for purchase.
We have been around for 125 years and are a house-hold name

Bonnie
Old 04-06-2012, 04:46 AM
Awesome WAHM

A search of this forum found some previous posts listing companies that offer a medical insurance option. I think insurance policies can be confusing to compare, so be sure to understand exactly what's being offered before you make a decision about joining based on the benefit. Also make sure you understand the difference between insurance and a discount program like the one mentioned by Phyllis.

Here are a few past posts about insurance. They are years old so some of the info may have changed.

http://www.wahm.com/forum/wahms-part...insurance.html

Old 04-06-2012, 12:20 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I remember picking up info about a nationwide group for small business owners to be able to pool #s to get better health insurance rates at some fair YEARS ago. I don't remember if this is the exact group or not but it's maybe a place to start. Benefits for Self-Employed- NASE

Amanda
Old 04-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Awesome WAHM

Stella & Dot is partnered with Pro Insurance Managers so that we can obtain health and life insurance. Pro Insurance is partnered with the DSA so you may be able to get insurance through them just for being a Direct Seller no matter what company you are with.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:56 PM
WAHM Master

I have checked into the Pro Insurance Option. You really need to be in pretty good health. Apparently, I am not and they couldn't help me. They did refer me to the State's High Risk Insurance Pool. I could get some decent insurance through them. Mine was going to be $500 a month but your state might not be that high.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:26 PM
WAHM Regular

Scentsy consultants can purchase health insurance and other services. They even offer discounts on office supplies, taxes and other items. Hope that helps!
Old 04-13-2012, 06:46 AM
Awesome WAHM

I thought I read once that you could buy into insurance at the DSA. Check it out as www.dsa.org.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:12 AM
Awesome WAHM

I just looked and the DSWA (Direct Selling Women's' Alliance) offers major medical major insurance for purchase to its members. Check out their website.