Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Awesome WAHM

Most successful people recommend building one business at a time. I focus on one that I love sharing because the products are making a difference to people's health. Find what you love and everything will fall into place. Feel free to PM me
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Registered WAHM

Smile Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiomom View Post
I know this has been discussed before but thought I'd throw it out here again.

I am currently an inactive consultant with Heritage Makers due to health issues with a son. Once we have that under control, I plan to get it going again (probably after the beginning of the year).

Meanwhile, I have been considering adding a candle business to compliment my HM business. I LOVE candles and am always burning them so will most certainly be burning them during my HM workshops.

My question is do you think it would be too hard to run 2 businesses simultaniously?

Thanks,
Chris
[COLOR="SeaGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]I agree .. I'm working on getting a couple Up & Running well myself.. Some may Frown on it but really it's up to you.. Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!
Old 12-25-2011, 08:34 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Diversity

I think that it's great to work more than one company. It opens your opportunities to reach more people. I sell for 31 and Pink Zebra. I have 2 different kinds of clients....love it.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:02 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyandEvaBeka View Post
I have been thinking about joining another company but would like to do something a bit different. Clothes maybe? I'm still not sure. Something that would kind of go along with what I do now yet not contradict it either. (I sell guy and Eva jewelry now, which I really do enjoy)!
Any ideas?
Beka

Guy & Eva by Beka - Shopping/Retail - Rapid City, SD | Facebook
I know it is not a clothing company, but I am a rep with the Country Gourmet Home, and it is an easy second company to do. We sell food and drink mixes plus wax melts and melters. It is so simple to add to do along with your other party plan company because when your hostess has a party, she always wants to provide some sort of snacks. You can have her use some of the mixes for the food for the guests to eat so they will already be sampling your product just by snacking while you are doing your presentation for your other home party company. A lot of times the hostess also has a candle or something burning in her home for the party, and you can just have her use one of the Country Gourmet Warmers and one of our scents going during the party.

It is FREE to join and we have two different levels you can work it at. If you want to be a Basic Consultant you have 30 days from the time you sign up to place your first order and it can be as little as one mix. All you are required to order is $25 per quarter. If you want to be an advanced consultant, you have 15 days to place your order after you sign up and it can also be as small as one mix. You are required to only order $100 per quarter. You also get a FREE company website.

If you have any other questions, you can pm me or email me directly at [email protected].

If you want to look at my website or view our products you can go to my store in my signature below.

Blessings,
Tami
Old 12-26-2011, 06:54 PM
blisstopiabox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiomom View Post
I know this has been discussed before but thought I'd throw it out here again.

I am currently an inactive consultant with Heritage Makers due to health issues with a son. Once we have that under control, I plan to get it going again (probably after the beginning of the year).

Meanwhile, I have been considering adding a candle business to compliment my HM business. I LOVE candles and am always burning them so will most certainly be burning them during my HM workshops.

My question is do you think it would be too hard to run 2 businesses simultaniously?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris:

I started with bcharmed (jewelry) prior to their launch. Then I added a couple of non-competing businesses since then and love all three. Personally I am doing just fine. In Oct. I signed on with Perfectly Posh (pampering products) and just this month I joined Pink Zebra Home (soy candles & innovative fragrances).

Did you decide on a candle company?
Old 12-27-2011, 12:01 PM
WAHM Regular

I see no reason why you couldn't successfully run two party businesses at the same time. I know several consultants who do so. Why not? We are most successful when we do things we love. If you are interested in more than one plan, go for it!
Old 12-27-2011, 12:20 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I want to do 2 or more as well. My question is are the people that are doing 2 businesses making a full time salary? Also how long did it take you before you decided to join another company? It's so many exciting and interesting businesses out here that I don't know how to even decide or choose on another one.

Last edited by ginene; 12-27-2011 at 03:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-27-2011, 01:32 PM
WAHM Regular

As far as income goes...you get out of a business what you put in to it. So if you put in full time hours, your income will eventually show for that. The only word of caution that I would have would be to make sure you have time for more than one business. If you don't have the time to contribute, you can't bring your business to the level it needs to be to earn the income you deserve.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Awesome WAHM

My advice is to simply do one business well.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Awesome WAHM

Talking

Hi OhioMom!

I think it's perfectly acceptable and achievable... I do it myself and my businesses are part of my lifestyle already to it's simple to do.... Fortunately my businesses are a part of my every day lifestyle and my new candle company compliments what I used to do as a craft/hobby years ago which was make and sell candles. I had to sideline that when I had an auto accident.

DS/MLM/NM is no different to me that building a portfolio that reflects who you are. In today's economy you should have a back up plan and a back up plan to the back up plan.. LOL... We lost money in stocks and were lucky because we didn't have all our funds in one stock and I carry that tradition into my business structure also!!

Good luck and this forum is a great avenue for any help you need. NEVER let anyone influence your decisions.. Negativity is a virus and there is an antibiotic..... it's called Positivity!!

Happy New Year!!!!!