Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfunbiz
One idea to save some time is for the consultant to create a FAQ email and send that out to prospects who email for further info. Then you can also say for further details or specific questions, please call.

I know I prefer communicating via email as I have everything written down (to help remember) and also I can take my time to gather my thoughts for a reply.

-Gabrielle
That's a great idea! Thank you for sharing it.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2007, 10:45 AM
Plunder Design Stylist

I like email responses because I can review them later--and also compare notes with other companies that I may be checking out. The FAQ idea is wonderful. As far as talking on the phone, when I have been in "search mode", I prefer not to talk on the phone until I am VERY interested. I then want to get a feel for my sponsor's personality. I also prefer not to speak on the phone with everyone I have contacted, because I don't like "rejecting" someone personally--with email, I can just stop asking questions.

Because of the way I feel about being recruited, I treat each person according to their preferences. I usually send a detailed email with FAQ's etc and ask when would be a good time to call them. If they aren't interested in being called, they will let you know via email.

Angie
Old 12-27-2007, 11:38 AM
Super WAHM

no message content.Edited by: Jen925Jewelry
Old 12-27-2007, 01:29 PM
WAHM Addict

Normally for me prospects do mind being called but I do usually email them first with some basic information and then set the phone appt.If they do not like or want to be called I will just email them the information,and follow up with them within a few days.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:12 PM
WAHM Master

I will give potential recruits information any way they want it. I find that about 50% of them ONLY want it via email and others want it via phone, I let the contact/lead decide how they wish to proceed. I know alot of folks do NOT want it via phone for fear of pushy sales people & recruiters and prefer that we just give it to them via email.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Super WAHM

I also let possible recruits know ahead of time that they will have TONS of questions. I ask them to write them all down as they think of them for a few days.I also tell them to read over all the materials I've given them and go through the website as well. Once they've done all this I tell them to either email me their list of Q's or I set up an appointment to talk with them. They'll pick what is more comfortable for them.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:06 AM
WAHM Addict

I know that every time I get on the phone my daughters antenna goes up and suddenly there is some emergency that can't wait until I get off the phone.

However, I do make phone calls and many times I do mention that I am available to chat on the phone if they prefer and I ask them for a good time to call. I prefer email because I can keep a record ofthe information I have provided and follow up with new or additional information.

ETA-I just wish peoplewould provide some sort of response after they receive informationeven if it is only to say they are no longer interested.
Edited by: LorettaA
Old 12-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Super WAHM

Loretta, LOL because my kids are the same way as your daughter. It's unvelievable sometimes that it always happens.

Anyway,I have been communicating with a recruit lead I got a couple of days ago via email and I guess she is just an email gal b/c she does seem genuinely interested.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:28 PM
WAHM Master

Loretta,

I actually started asking for a short, simple response in my initial email. At the very end, I just put something like, "If you would be so kind, please just send me a quick little note to let me know you got this message. I've had several people think that I never responded, because my email ended up in their spam folder...." It seems to work pretty well.

Jenn
Old 12-28-2007, 03:46 PM
WAHM Addict

Good idea Jenn. Thanks