Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:39 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Really disappointed

I am so mad at myself........so my advise to anyone that is a DIW or thinking of joining a different company (doesn't have to be OO, could be any company), go with your gut! Join the company you feel is right.

I got on the OO waiting list in April and my number finally came up last week (yay).......but in the meantime, I joined another company (which I will not name, I am not trying to bad mouth anyone). I was approached by a consultant for them, and my gut said stay with OO and be happy to wait....but I let someone place doubt in my head and talk me out if it.

So I enrolled, spent the money on the kit and ultimately unenrolled.......due to issues I was having. I let my mentor know that I decided to leave and the remarks that she made to me in an email were so telling.

She only wanted me for a numbers game, to build her team not because it was the best company for me to join.....or what was in my best interest. Maybe I should have asked better questions to see where her priority was, and I def should have stuck with what I felt in my heart.

I guess I just really feel like a lot of information that was given to me second hand about OO was wrong....and wrong on purpose, wrong with the purpose of stealing designers from another company, I thought I had researched things and made a good choice, but I didn't. And while I know some people do this, I didn't actually think it was common and maybe it's more common then I thought, which is sad.

I feel bad for doubting my choice....because I would have made the right one on my on

Hopefully my experience helps someone else out......if you believe in OO, even if your number is 20000....wait, don't let someone place doubt on your dreams .....if this is where you want to be, be here.

Last edited by jennlovesvintage; 08-25-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2013, 08:21 AM
WAHM Regular

I'm sorry for what happen. What you got was a rotten upline. Please don't allow that one person ruin it for you as not everyone is the same way. There is always one in any company who doesn't care and just wants you as a "number" to earn money off you. Hoping that you find the right upline in your future endeavor.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:32 AM
Awesome WAHM

Oh no! So sorry that happened did you accept your O2 invitation? I hope if you did this company and the people in it can show you how much we care
Old 08-25-2013, 08:39 AM
WAHM Regular

I'm upset it happened, but I guess it's a learning experience right?
I haven't accepted my OO invite yet, I'm hoping to today assuming finanically I can make everything I want to do work :-)

But I def feel good about this company!
Old 08-25-2013, 08:49 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennlovesvintage View Post
I'm upset it happened, but I guess it's a learning experience right?
I haven't accepted my OO invite yet, I'm hoping to today assuming finanically I can make everything I want to do work :-)

But I def feel good about this company!
Sorry to hear about your experience.

I'm sending you an email about something just so that you know.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:06 AM
Awesome WAHM

I hope that you can, but if you need to wait just call the Nest tomorrow! They can sometimes extend your invitation if you need to wait
Old 08-25-2013, 12:24 PM
dōTERRA Wellness Advocate

I'm sorry that happened to you. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:51 AM
Awesome WAHM

This has happened to ALOT of diw's & one of my former diw's. She got messages telling her all kinds of incorrect things.

If you are a diw & someone is trying to talk you out of joining its not for you it's for them. If they have to bad mouth another company to get people to sign up under them they are bad mouthing themselves. You should always sing the praises of your company. Don't get into the gutter & get dirt on yourself in the process.

FYI We have a legal department that is handling these unfortunate instances. If you are contacted by someone who KNOWS you are a diw with O2 forward the info to legal. Ask your upline for the info or pm me I will give it to you.

When you are able to join just give the Nest a call and they will reissue the link to you!

Good Luck!
Old 09-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Awesome WAHM

I'm sure you have everything all situated now, but I just wanted to 1) Thank you for sharing and 2) Tell you that you're not alone. I almost did the same exact thing. The only saving grace was I've known my mentor for years and had worked with her in a previous DS company. When I spoke to her about my concerns from the research I'd been doing, she assured me that much of what I'd read were one sided stories and falsehoods. I then prayed about it and used the entire 4months I was on the Wait List to really look at the company, the designers and the opportunity itself. I was fortunate in that my mentor has a rather large group on Facebook where everyone willingly shared information and were very transparent. For me, that went a long way into seeing the culture of the company.

I'm happy you were able to see everything for what it was (both the good and the bad). I'm sure the experience cemented that you made the right choice from the start and that you can absolutely trust your gut instinct. That's going to come in handy as a business owner