Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:03 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Mobile credit card

Just wondering if all of you utilize the mobile credit card swipes (payanywhere, squareup, etc) and if so which one you use? Pros/cons? If you dont, why do you choose not to? Can you still take credit cards as forms of payment and enter them in BO when inputting your orders?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2013, 08:11 PM
dōTERRA Wellness Advocate

I started with Square but it I don't find it works too well. I have to swipe each card several times which makes customers nervous. I just signed up for Pay Anywhere and used it at an event yesterday and it seemed to work well. I do make and take so I need a way for people to pay for their lockets with credit/debit cards.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Awesome WAHM

You can enter people's cards in your BO so you don't need a card swipper unless you are doing make and takes
Old 04-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Susan Rae

I don't do make and take but I find customers aren't comfortable with anyone writing their numbers down and taking it home to charge. I don't blame them. If I didn't have it I'd miss out on alot of business. I'd much rather take a cc than take a check. They are free do why not. I'd get the payanywhere that the Nest recommends. I have Square & Paypal readers as well. Square you have to swipe a number of times. The thing I do not like about payanywhere is I have to take my Otterbox off my iPhone to use it. You do have to put more customer info into the payanywhere ap. you can also keep track of cash and checks & add inventory to it.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:32 AM
WAHM Regular

I use square, although like I TiniOwl said it can be glitchy. I had a party yesterday and although I did a "practice run" beforehand, at the actual party I couldn't get the swiper to work at all. I'm considering using something else, although I'm bummed I didn't take advantage of the Pay Anywhere deal last month!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:13 AM
Super WAHM

I have square and if I can't it get to swipe the first time, I just manually put the number in. That works every time!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:19 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye View Post
I have square and if I can't it get to swipe the first time, I just manually put the number in. That works every time!
It does, but it's more expensive that way. Your percentage is less per swipe than it is when the info is manually put in.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Susan Rae

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfrat View Post
I use square, although like I TiniOwl said it can be glitchy. I had a party yesterday and although I did a "practice run" beforehand, at the actual party I couldn't get the swiper to work at all. I'm considering using something else, although I'm bummed I didn't take advantage of the Pay Anywhere deal last month!
Turn it sideways until you see the thing on the screen that means its connected. I have to do it every time. It does take a few swipes for it to work. You just gotta play with it.

FYI if you have to do a refund there's no way to do a partial on the square. You can only refund the entire amount.