Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:46 PM
WAHM Regular

This conversation is giving me so much to think about before tomorrow. With my other business, the majority of the team is local and I really like being able to interact with them and bond with them. My potential sponsor is local (sort of...about an hour away) and her sponsor is about the same distance away and holds meetings for her team.

But there are some things that are making me hesitant... :-(
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Super WAHM

It IS nice being able to connect with someone locally, however, my mentor is 6 hours away. We have never met in person, but I am able to call her up ANY time, and she is there for me. I wouldn't trade THAT for anything! I am super comfortable asking her anything, and she updates her team on EVERYTHING!! She is an inspiration to me, and a great role model. She has shown me how to lead my team, and I am grateful. Moral of the story is that closest isn't always best!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:26 PM
Awesome WAHM

Smile mentor dilema

I totally agree with Loretta.You should definitely have some conversations with possible mentors. With O2 once you enroll with your chosen mentor you're not allowed to change to another. If you've read some of the other posts to the O2 boards you've seen where new members have had their mentors just leave them all on their own after they've enrolled. It's sad but unfortunately it happens. Luckily there are other Owls who will take them under their wings regardless of profit or recognition. Most of us really believe in the Owl Sisterhood and stand by it.
It's not all about the $$. It's also about helping others reach their goals and dreams too. If you don't want to do this you shouldn't choose to mentor at all. As your team grows so does the time you need to put in it. It does become more responsibility.You need to be prepared for that. Everyone needs different support, as a mentor you find what works with your new team members right from the beginning. As time goes by, you've helped a new Owl become a mentor themselves.....