Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:49 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Success story on eBay?

Can anyone get success on eBay?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 07:50 PM
WAHM Regular

I too would like to hear from any sellers that have success with Ebay and/or any other auction sites. I have done a little bit of selling and wondering if it is something I should pursue further.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Registered WAHM

Smile eBay success

Hi everyone!

Yes you can be successful on eBay. I have 2 eBay stores, one in business about 7 yrs or so and the other fairly new. In one I sell everything "pretty, pink or that smells good" in the other primarily small antiques and collectables. There is money to be made by everyone who puts out the effort to do so. I am a mom of 4 kids, older kids now but they are all still at home, I dont work outside the home and do not WANT to. I do believe in multiple streams of income so besides eBay I do other things to make money, a seasonal craft type business with schools nationwide for example. I love eBay, you really do make money while you sleep. The eBay marketplace is iopen 24/7 365 days a yr WORLD WIDE! There are tricks to making the kind of money we all want and need to support our families.. keeping the number of listings you have active to around 150 to 200 and be creative in your listing with your pictures, descriptions and templates you use. This is NOT hard. I am more than willing to help anyone who might have questions. I have said this before, eBay offers free tutorials on how to get started, all of your shipping supplies are free through eBay or the USPS, all you have to do is order them and they ship right to your home.

Sheryl
Old 10-05-2011, 08:32 AM
WAHM Regular

Good to know.

I posted more of a response to you Sheryl on my other post - thanks for your input
Old 10-09-2011, 07:17 AM
WAHM Regular

Check out Skip McGrath; he has been selling on eBay for years! He publishes one of the oldest eBay auction sellers newsletters. Just google Skip McGrath to find him
Old 10-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by slgideon View Post
Hi everyone!

Yes you can be successful on eBay. I have 2 eBay stores, one in business about 7 yrs or so and the other fairly new. In one I sell everything "pretty, pink or that smells good" in the other primarily small antiques and collectables. There is money to be made by everyone who puts out the effort to do so. I am a mom of 4 kids, older kids now but they are all still at home, I dont work outside the home and do not WANT to. I do believe in multiple streams of income so besides eBay I do other things to make money, a seasonal craft type business with schools nationwide for example. I love eBay, you really do make money while you sleep. The eBay marketplace is iopen 24/7 365 days a yr WORLD WIDE! There are tricks to making the kind of money we all want and need to support our families.. keeping the number of listings you have active to around 150 to 200 and be creative in your listing with your pictures, descriptions and templates you use. This is NOT hard. I am more than willing to help anyone who might have questions. I have said this before, eBay offers free tutorials on how to get started, all of your shipping supplies are free through eBay or the USPS, all you have to do is order them and they ship right to your home.

Sheryl
I just posted last week my first thing on ebay (it's still all new to me) I design handbags, jewelry & clothings. People have been telling me for awhile to do ebay. You said if I understand you right to keep 150 to 200 items posted. Isn't that alot of money to do that? Don't they charge you per item to post. Any pointers you give will be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Ebay

Questions about the amt of item you said to post, dont they charge you per item you post. Can't that be costly? Thanks
Old 10-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn1221 View Post
I just posted last week my first thing on ebay (it's still all new to me) I design handbags, jewelry & clothings. People have been telling me for awhile to do ebay. You said if I understand you right to keep 150 to 200 items posted. Isn't that alot of money to do that? Don't they charge you per item to post. Any pointers you give will be greatly appreciated!
Yes it is costly! I started doing some selling with Ebay and the fees are too much. For example, I sold two items worth $29.00. My fees to Ebay were $14.00. Ebay used to be for "small seller." But now the larger manufacturers are taking over, who may sell large quantities. Also to open an Ebay store you pay a monthly fee. There are other places you can put up a store for free and if you advertise right you can get sells. Check out webstore.com, they're starting to get popular and their system works flawlessly.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Registered WAHM

We probably only have 100 items in our Ebay store. We really should have 300 to really do well. Our regular online store has almost 3,000 items! There are some tricks to doing well, we do packages that make people feel like they get a better value so we have multiples of the same items in different quantities. If you have a store it's .05 to list each item. That isn't too bad. I pay $1,000 a month to rent my retail store and shipping warehouse so a few hundred dollars a month to attract millions of people is not a bad deal! The fees can eat you up if you don't watch every penny. That includes shipping and selling fees.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:06 AM
WAHM Regular

Smile

Great Information.

Pearly