Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:31 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Is money your why for doing this?

What is your Why and why are you doing network marketing?

If you answered money, I think we as network marketers need to dig deeper. Money is nice, but it is a self centered reason. This is not a good why. People can see through it too.

No one wants to be sold to, and no one wants to be pitched to. I think we can do this by building a rapport with others, being yourself and believing in yourself. You can do this by staying true to why you are doing this business in the first place. And it isn't money.

Network marketers love to help others. Every time you offer your opportunity, you are giving someone the chance to change her life in amazing ways. I think this is a wonderful reason why! We can make a difference in the world. We can radiate positivity and happiness to others. We can help others help themselves. Wow! How exciting!

What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2016, 04:52 PM
Grand WAHM

I think you need to love what you do, whether you are doing network marketing or something else. Wanting to help others like you said is important too. Things like this help you to stay motivated and build something for the long term.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:20 AM
Awesome WAHM

I have 4 reasons for my why.

I retired from my first major career at the age of 46. That brings me enough to live on, but I quickly got bored over doing nothing. So one why is my online business gives me something to do.

I enjoy learning new stuff. Another why is that my studies of online marketing provides me with a continuous education.

I enjoy traveling. A big why is that I can operate my online business from most anywhere I happen to be at a given moment.

The final why is that my formal education is in vocational teaching. Helping others learn how to build a business online gives me enormous satisfaction.

I'm sure each of us has our own list of whys for doing what we do.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:23 AM
WAHM Addict

I think deep down money is the driving force for those seeking financial independence. I'm sure many people notice the leader boards within their respective companies. Who are on the stage during conventions? The high income earners.

The money side really hit recently with the passing of a number one company earner. He passed and his business will keep going or his spouse has the option to sell the book of business. That's powerful so if
family security is a driving force money offers more options. Network marketing is a business and the network marketing is a money making industry.

As for the sales side I'm sure we all have heard about the high turnover in network marketing well I think if more took sales training more serious the industry would be much bigger and stable for many. Hector LA Marque is big on Tom Hopkins sales training and it seems to work for his organization.

Be it pro sales or con sale people make the most. In the case of network marketing it's a sale of one of two options. Sell and opportunity or sell a dream. Most people who join a company basically don't do any in-depth research. They see a video maybe try a product and they are sold. If they want or need extra income in steps the opportunity so they are sold.

For those who will admit to being motivated by money then in that the driving force is the opportunity. If there is a need in the market place then yes sell it and teach others to sell it. Myself I have no problem with people who are money motivated. To be real I know of no one who is in the network marketing and working a business for free. I know of no one who wasn't sold on a product or opportunity. For the people who promote the sharing concept that's basically a sales tactic.

Here is the sale verse sharing bottom line test. Sell a product or share a product. Which one pays a commission? That being said I think Art Williams had it right. There has to be something bigger than just making a sale. People have to have a reason. There has to be a mission for the masses. Financial independence. Who doesn't want to be debt free and be financially free?

Personally my view is basically from the financial services side of MLM so I have a kind of different perspective from other products or services. Most other product have an autoship for a reason. It drives sales numbers. An authorship may not be a requirement but I understand why companies offer it.

So we ask why. The bottom line is money because the more a person the more options they have. I say if we honestly breakdown the why for everyone there's money. Make extra what for more time freedom=Money. Make extra money to pay off some bills=Money. College fund=Money. Make enough to be a stay at home parent= Money. So let us consider our own individual why. Is there money involved?

Who wants to make money? Why?
Old 06-24-2016, 09:32 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Very true Cornelius

I am going to have to look up Hector LA Marque and Tom Hopkins. I haven't heard of them, but I love to find new people to learn from! Are they in your company?

I agree, money is a driving factor for all of us, because we want to be paid for our time. Our time is worth something and we have value to share with others. I do think that if all one thinks of is how can I talk to the next person to make my next buck, that it is a shallow form of thinking. We are hear to provide a service and help other people.

But yes, we are all in it for money because it is a job at the end of the day.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:33 AM
WAHM Addict

Hector La Marque is a high earner at Primerica. You can see a interview with him at Grant Cardone TV | Whatever it Takes in the Power Players section. As for Tom Hopkins he is on you tube.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:34 PM
Super WAHM

You MUST have a "selfish why".

A huge part success in Network Marketing is belief...

A simple explanation is, if you don't believe you can have success, you won't put in the required effort needed to have success (which will reinforce your belief that you can't have success...it's a vicious cycle.)

For example, someone says, "I don't think this will work so I'm not going to try very hard....see it doesn't work...I was right."

Believing is very important, but that's not the purpose of this post.

In order to reach your goals, you must have a selfish reward for yourself.

I know I know, this business is all about helping others, which is great. I love helping people too...but hear me out...

You MUST have a selfish reward for yourself.

What do YOU want?

A new car, a vacation, a Lamborghini, a million dollars, a $500 pair of shoes, time freedom, financial freedom, to be your own boss (all of these things are possible).

Whatever it is you want...work towards that reward. Lead with YOUR reward.

This is all based on our DNA and how our brains operate...we're designed to be selfish for our own survival. Use this to your advantage and as a way to help you reach YOUR goals and ultimately help more people along the way.

Use a selfish reward as a way to "hack" your brain in a way that will cause you to take the necessary actions needed for success.

Helping others is great, but in order to reach YOUR goals you will have to make sacrifices, and you'll only make sacrifices if you have a selfish reward you are shooting for...For me, I hated my job and wanted to quit....that was my motivation in the beginning.

Whatever your selfish reward or goal is, put a focus on that and keep it in mind.

And it doesn't have to be completely selfish...maybe it's for your family's benefit, which is also one of my main motivations. I want to give them the best life possible.

A great question to ask yourself is, "who's life will be better if I succeed?"...and then do it for those people.

Your selfish reward should be worth making sacrifices for. It should cause you to get up early, stay up late, and step out of your comfort zone. All of the things required in order to be successful.

And of course, it comes back to belief. If you don't truly believe you can have success, you won't take action.

I think "true belief" is the missing piece of the puzzle for many people.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:00 AM
Awesome WAHM

I think the desire to help others can be a "selfish" reason in itself if that desire is strong enough.

One way to define your selfish reason is to discover that action you would take without charging anything. That shows true passion.

Reward, when you follow your passion, has a tendency to come around.

Tags
direct sales, home business, money, network maketing