Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:02 AM
WAHM Regular

Talking Have you ever gotten media publicity?

Hi! I'm curious, since I don't think in all the time I've been on Wahm that I've seen where anybody has used (free) media/magazine or newspaper publicity to get or increase sales. So I'm wondering if anybody has and what was your experience?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2015, 02:30 PM
Le-Vel Thrive Promoter

When I was doing romance parties, I was on a NuvoTV show called wedding zinger. I was brought in as a 'relationship expert' to talk about products during the bachelorette party. I've also been in college papers which was cool. If you do an event at a college, get in touch with the paper there and ask them to write an article. Sometimes the online version never goes away which is forever promotions.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:57 PM
WAHM Regular

I subscribe to HARO (helpareporterout.com), and when there's a query that I can respond to, I'll do it.

Once (I didn't have a business to support then, so didn't have a link back to me), I was quoted in an published at Yahoo Travel -- the writer was looking for funny travel stories, and I sent in a couple of lines. In other words, it's not hard to be quoted nor do you always have to be an "expert" to respond.

Obviously, if you have a website to promote, only respond to those willing to link to it -- and try to respond to queries that relate somehow to your business. If a writer is looking for parenting tips, and you sell baby-related stuff, then that's more useful than if you're selling cable subscriptions.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:06 AM
WAHM Regular

Awesome responses! Thank you, guys! I really appreciate it! I don't think many NWM'rs understand the power of free publicity and how it can boost your sales because when people see recognize you on the street, in the store or at local events...you instantly gain trust and respectability! You're suddenly that famous man or lady they're either heard about or seen on TV!
Old 08-07-2015, 05:46 PM
Registered WAHM
WAHM Professional

Personally I have not, but my company has been in the news constantly (for example: Forbes, FOX, Today Show, BAZAAR, allure, beauty stat.com, and many others).

It definitely helps with brand recognition and the fact that so many people stand behind the products I sell.