Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:54 AM
Mom with Mission

Question Is 1 enough for you?

Most Network Marketers are involved/offer more than 1 company. How many companies are you currently with building multiple sources of income?

Are they all product related or combination (traffic, service, product)?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2014, 11:08 AM
Super WAHM

Well, I'm involved with 2.
I've been building one for over a year now (travel) and have missed having a physical product to offer. Since I've done well in the weight loss industry before, I found a new company just launching and jumped in and this is my primary focus.
It's technically an Affiliate program not an MLM, but for the purposes of your question I'm saying it's my 2nd company.
JP
Old 07-21-2014, 11:46 AM
WAHM Addict

Although I've been in network marketing for about a decade, I only work one business at a time. I've been with my current company for over three years. I personally believe that I would be unable to focus on more than one at once.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:32 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm building two, one is a financial education program and I have about 250 paid people in 7 weeks.

The other I recently signed up to because they launched a program where we can buy customers
on autoship and I have 10 people so far. They are a service company too.

I also import and sell apparel on Ebay.

I never want to be caught without an income again after having $18k/mo income disappear overnight
in a past company.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:50 AM
Super WAHM

I started with one company earlier this year as the non-toxic message was so strong and so needed! But then another company opportunity fell into my lap and since my husband already had a medical supply business we couldn't pass it up. Normally I only work one company at a time, so this is something new.

Freeyourfamily, that's SO difficult losing an income that big, so I can see why you've diversified!

Lori in NY
Old 09-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Super WAHM

I am an associate with more than one company, but only focus on one. I'm also involved in another business that offers a marketing solution. And last of all, I have my own non-certified organic gardening business. Am I busy? Yes!
Old 09-07-2014, 09:56 PM
WAHM Regular

I personally have seen very few people work more than 1 and do it successfully.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:12 PM
WAHM Addict

I think it depends on what your goal is. From my limited observation it seems like the top people in companies are focused on that one company. If your goal is to build and pass on wouldn't it be easier for the person in the next generation to continue one business?

Also another way to look at it is how much is really gained by doing two companies? At some point it would seem like one would take away from the other or people on your team will see you doing the same thing which of course they will try which will make it harder to lock them in.

Yet to each his/her own.

Disclaimer: Currently I have the ability to build with two but one is for building and the other is about direct sales.

Last edited by Cornelius; 09-09-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:28 AM
Super WAHM

Well, I am new to all this and I am currently just in one. There is another company that I want to join because of the health products, but I can't really afford the investment. So I am hoping the quick money I am making now will help to join the other opportunity. If I do add a second business I would like to work both of them
Old 10-05-2014, 01:29 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm a firm believer in one company. I think it is easier to build with just one opportunity... and from the standpoint of a potential recruit, I won't sign with someone who is advertising multiple companies, because that tells me they will be too busy jugging all their balls to be able to be a leader and help myself or those I bring in should we need mentoring.