Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:51 PM
WAHM Addict

Default Well it happened to me again.

Ya'll know I'm not into the hype right? Well I was listening to a Art Williams you tube video "how to build a team". He broke it down as only he could to make me understand hype is ok when it's directed at your team in a positive way.

For example most people want to make extra money or hate their job so why not start building a business on a part time basis with basically no risk? Build up your bank account, start a plan for financial independence. Rather than hype a business or product hype the benefits of making more money or building a business for the benefit of the person. Get people up and running part time and then let them decide how far they want to go.

Sell the opportunity and the product or service is a byproduct of having a productive business. Think about it how would you feel if you got to the point in life where no one can tell you when to work? Where no one can put their thumb on your neck and threaten you with termination if you don't fall in line? What about driving your dream car? The dream house? The dream vacation? The dream family lifestyle? Sell the dream.

Hype when motivating others is just pushing up people. Art talks old school NWM but it makes sense. Look up the video. It's a long one but I'm sure you can pick out some gems you can use in your business.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2014, 10:18 AM
WAHM Regular

I hate dis-genuine hype. It is and achieves the exact opposite affect and outcome as genuine customer testimonial's do. Hyp is used to oversell a product or service that may or may not be anywhere near nor close to what the *carnival* barker is spewing.

I think if a product or service is as good as those who have a *vested* interest in it says it is, customer satisfaction will ring loud and clear! No hype necessary or needed.

What I have found after the hype is a basic *bait and switch.* You're given this glossy brochure sales pitch and speech about how great the product/ services/comp plan is...and told and sold the old "In business for yourself---but no by yourself."..until you've signed on the dotted line and paid for your kit..then suddenly your upline disappears and goes rogue. I've had that happen more times than I can count! Or given the old 'soft shoe' like the note that came with my Ronco Rotisserie Oven that essentially sold millions based on the bs "Set It & Forget It" hype and then after you excitedly get it out the box ready to bake a chicken..you're hit with "Don't take the "Set It and Forget It" hype seriously! Do NOT leave your chicken to cook by itself!" So then they lied...and I was mad!
Old 05-01-2014, 10:30 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
Ya'll know I'm not into the hype right? Well I was listening to a Art Williams you tube video "how to build a team". He broke it down as only he could to make me understand hype is ok when it's directed at your team in a positive way.

Hype when motivating others is just pushing up people. Art talks old school NWM but it makes sense. Look up the video. It's a long one but I'm sure you can pick out some gems you can use in your business.
If people have already joined your team...what do you need to hype and amp them up for? That's thr equivalent of giving a kid sugary treats and watch them bounce off the walls until they burn it off and they crash and burn. That makes no sense. Leaders lead. They lead with action, not hype. "Don't talk me to death...show me!" Is my motto. Don't regurgitate, give me fresh insight, food for thought, ideas and show me what works and have worked for you. Words mean nothing if not backed up with concise action. No hype of any kind necessary.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:20 PM
WAHM Addict

Check out Art's video and what I mean will be more clear. When I mention hype it's more about pushing up people. Not the usual stuff we may hear.

Well here's the video. Take you gems and discard the rest.

http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=c4205W_wcUM
Old 05-01-2014, 01:15 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehouseavet View Post
I hate dis-genuine hype. It is and achieves the exact opposite affect and outcome as genuine customer testimonial's do. Hyp is used to oversell a product or service that may or may not be anywhere near nor close to what the *carnival* barker is spewing.

I think if a product or service is as good as those who have a *vested* interest in it says it is, customer satisfaction will ring loud and clear! No hype necessary or needed.

What I have found after the hype is a basic *bait and switch.* You're given this glossy brochure sales pitch and speech about how great the product/ services/comp plan is...and told and sold the old "In business for yourself---but no by yourself."..until you've signed on the dotted line and paid for your kit..then suddenly your upline disappears and goes rogue. I've had that happen more times than I can count! Or given the old 'soft shoe' like the note that came with my Ronco Rotisserie Oven that essentially sold millions based on the bs "Set It & Forget It" hype and then after you excitedly get it out the box ready to bake a chicken..you're hit with "Don't take the "Set It and Forget It" hype seriously! Do NOT leave your chicken to cook by itself!" So then they lied...and I was mad!
I went through the same thing but now I just consider that situation part of the business learning curve. That's why now my mindset for me is any product I offer has to be able to stand on its own if need be. If I had to does the product compensation pay enough to cover living expenses without a down line if need be? Then does it offer anything of value for the customer and how does it compete in the market place and of course I have to believe in the direction of the company yet knowing at anytime something may change and I may have to make a change. Until then I'm all in.

Here's something I was told when I had me serious issues with pipelines and MLM. People quit and to make my business work it's up to me. I used to question why I would see someone walk across a stage professing their love and loyalty for a company and product for life and then later on hear they left a company. That's when I understood beyond all the feel good stuff the MLM industry is a business and we are in business and at times we may have to make business decisions. It isn't the responsibility for any company or individual to make my hopes and dreams come true. That's on me. All I want is a true opportunity.

So if my upline quits or I can't get in touch with them that shouldn't stop me. To find the way as a business person I will have to find the way. That's why I try to listen to others and what they did. That being said It's best to look in-house whenever possible to get ideas or instruction on your particular product or service.

Currently I don't have a big team but I will which is why I'm committed to learning. As mentioned I had my issues with the MLM concept not the companies or products but now after doing some research I understand it a bit more. I also understand not all things are for all people.

Oh here's one more thing I heard Art say which I heard many times but never really took to heart. Most people can't see themselves making six figures high or low but can see themselves making say an extra $500.00 a month. Start there and then let people take their business where they want to go. Most everyone has a desire to makes some extra income. Get a lot doing a little and impressive things can happen.

Sorry for the book but blame it on the videos. Mostly Eric Worre and Art Williams. Oh yes if you read this today check out Eric's FB page he has a book of his being sold for a discount. I think 99 for Kindle download or $4.00 paperback. Today may be the last day. I never read it but I'm going to download it. Build it big.