Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:38 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Do you get cell numbers?

Hi all,
I was curious (I know..I'm curious about a lotta stuff! ) since nowadays people are on this text messaging kick..do you give out a number for potential (and even established clients) to text (or call) you on? Doesn't have to be your personal cell phone but a little pre paid cheapie just for business...

That would be a great number to put onto a car magnet or put on small refrigerator magnet business card!

Now, that for most of us...it's getting warm....do you wear A-B-C advertising T-shirts? Always Be C-een? I believe people are more receptive and less apprehensive (and take you and your business more seriously) when you wear a shirt with your business on it. You know, like it's done in most places of business.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2014, 08:29 AM
GiftCardLady

We've tried wearing pins (me) and hats (DH) but didn't get much response from them. I've never tried one of those snazzy, spangled shirts - maybe that would get more response? And I know some ladies carry around a tote with their catalog in it (and wear their company's makeup, jewelry, etc.) to get attention. I also had a small car magnet, but I think a car wrap would be much more noticeable (but much more $$!).

Lori in NY
Old 04-24-2014, 10:22 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehouseavet View Post
nowadays people are on this text messaging kick..
Not in our company, they're not: we regard that as one of the very spammiest, least professional and most futile forms of attempted "promotion" we've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehouseavet View Post
do you wear A-B-C advertising T-shirts?
Er ... no.

The message we like to convey is one of a professional, business-like approach. In network marketing, everything duplicates. The things you want to be duplicated, and the things you don't want to be duplicated, too. I wouldn't want or expect the distributors I sponsor to wear advertising T-shirts, and I wouldn't expect anyone to take me very seriously if I did that myself.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:51 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuliya Mironova View Post
Not in our company, they're not: we regard that as one of the very spammiest, least professional and most futile forms of attempted "promotion" we've ever seen.

Er ... no.

The message we like to convey is one of a professional, business-like approach. In network marketing, everything duplicates. The things you want to be duplicated, and the things you don't want to be duplicated, too. I wouldn't want or expect the distributors I sponsor to wear advertising T-shirts, and I wouldn't expect anyone to take me very seriously if I did that myself.
Okay...maybe I didn't quite make myself clear. I am talking professional and business like. Just like how most all corporate businesses (Home Depot/Lowe's/Walmart/McDonald's, Subway, etc) have employee's wear logo clothing/colors to
1.) Separate their employee's from customers
2.) Let customers instantly know who the go to person is
3.) Brand their business in customers minds...

The same should be done with uniforms with biz ops. It helps people instantly recognize you and who you promote. It gives approachability and starts conversation! They immediately recognize you are a business woman who might be in a business they want to know more about...

More biz ops should make logo clothing more readily available to their reps. It certainly couldn't hurt.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:04 PM
WAHM Addict

I never really thought about it but I thought most companies offered clothing with their logo. As far as the phone number goes if a person is in business people should have a way to contact them.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:08 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBizHope View Post
We've tried wearing pins (me) and hats (DH) but didn't get much response from them. I've never tried one of those snazzy, spangled shirts - maybe that would get more response? And I know some ladies carry around a tote with their catalog in it (and wear their company's makeup, jewelry, etc.) to get attention. I also had a small car magnet, but I think a car wrap would be much more noticeable (but much more $$!).

Lori in NY
Okay... If at first you don't succeed...try, try AGAIN! Switch not only to a BIGGER magnet...make it a FUN, EXPRESSIVE (use your imagination) that INVITES people who see it to contact you for more information! Are you SERIOUS about your business? Or is it...simply treated as a second class hobby? If it's truly your business then turn your car into a mobile billboard! Put window graphics on the back window! Put a readable car magnet on the back or (removable) bumper stickers! People who are driving behind (are your visual hostages so...) give 'em something worthwhile to read! I don't know anybody who hasn't read whatever the driver in front of them had on their car's rear end!

Don't make people TRY and figure out what it is that you do....LET THEM KNOW! It's the same with company logo'd clothing! With the way the world is today..you need to be assertive and approachable in your business. People need to know as soon as they see your clothing or name tag immediately who you are and what you are about. They'll come to know that you can be trusted and that you are not some scammer. That's why corporations insist on their workers be in sponsored and approved clothing because that employee is the face of the company brand.

The one HUGE pet peeve of mine (and I've been screaming to myself lately while driving around..) WHO approved some of these horrendous, UGLY BLAND signage on some of these trucks and work vans?!? Like...why even bother putting your company name on your fleet--when the average Joe driving behind, next to or walking past--have NO freaking clue as to what it IS you do!?! What is the point of doing mobile advertising (besides the write off...) if that signage captures, no, I'm sorry...KEEPS no one's attention in the buying public? How the hell0 do you get business that way?!? It just makes absolutely NO sense!

:::Okay, climbing down and taking my mega horn and soap box with me!::: LOL!

Last edited by rehouseavet; 04-24-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:18 PM
WAHM Addict

Rehouseavet stay up on the soap box. I never really consider the signage but you make some great points. Keep the truths coming.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:46 PM
WAHM Regular

USANA offers clothing with logos and other business products, but I don't wear them. I'm really looking to make a personal connection with people.

As far as the cell phone goes, I give out my email and cell phone to anyone I make contact with. If personal connection is the name of the game, then a personal connection has to be facilitated... by... connecting. I also ALWAYS answer the phone unless I can't get to it, or if it's an 800 number.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:37 AM
GiftCardLady

Default Not Ready Just Yet!

I think I need to get a new vehicle before I'd even attempt to do a bigger sign, as right now I'm driving a 15 year old SUV that we are replacing this year hopefully!! Plus, my husband's car is a little bit newer, and he drives into town every day, versus me as a SAHM!! ;-)

Lori in NY