Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-05-2013, 05:31 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Smile Failure is not trying.

I have personally been on many different sides of working at home. Some say that when your WAH resume has many different company listings it shows instability. I have to disagree.
I am not a company jumper. Since 2001. I have been in Network Marketing, Direct Sales (still am), did Leads, Affiliate Marketing, Co-Owned 2 different companies that started from the ground up later to be sold. Each has its own pros and cons of which I never would have known had I not tried. They are each very different but have similar properties. I personally feel this has given me the inside scoop as to what really goes on behind the scenes. I read so many of the posts here and other places where people really want help. There is so much information out there, it's confusing. Networking isn't what it used to be. It shouldn't be filled with a bunch of hype. I never felt good using company scripts because they were just misleading. When I put things in my own words and was just "Real" about it, I did so much better! The pressure to recruit and build numbers is huge. Real networking can be very gratifying as well as building life-long relationships both personal and professional. One of my best friends I met through I met being part of a mutual company. We went on to partner in many ventures have started back up again. When it's right, it's just right.

Finding what works for you, What you feel good about doing. Sure you have to step out of your comfort zone, but you will never know your true capabilities until you do. Take a leap of faith and try. Failure is not trying.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthelp View Post
Finding what works for you, What you feel good about doing. Sure you have to step out of your comfort zone, but you will never know your true capabilities until you do. Take a leap of faith and try. Failure is not trying.
I couldn't agree more! And you don't even have to step out of your comfort zone these days - well not if you're working online anyway.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:23 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Even if your working on line, there are times that an individual will have to step out of the comfort zone. Calling clients, delivering products, calling leads, demonstrating products, running a conference calls.
I guess it depends on what your online position is but many times these very things are avoided due to fear.

Sometimes it could be great and you have been avoiding it all this time.
The feeling of overcoming those fears is one that is worth the leap of faith.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:17 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthelp View Post
Even if your working on line, there are times that an individual will have to step out of the comfort zone. Calling clients, delivering products, calling leads, demonstrating products, running a conference calls.
I guess it depends on what your online position is but many times these very things are avoided due to fear.

Sometimes it could be great and you have been avoiding it all this time.
The feeling of overcoming those fears is one that is worth the leap of faith.
Well I guess for many MLM's selling physical products that would be true but there are a few options online that don't require anything more from you than, once you become experienced and recognized by your results as a leader, to front an online webinar or google hangout.

In which case all one has to do is be yourself - and don't sell.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Online Success Coach

I agree completely with you. It took me a minute to find the right company for me. Some people would call me a company jumper but I had to find what was best for you.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:45 AM
Grand WAHM

Sometimes just getting started is the biggest fear and obstacle you have to overcome.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:43 AM
WAHM Addict

I read something the other day that said "The secret to getting ahead, is getting started" I am going to make something with that and look at it everyday.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:11 AM
WAHM Addict

Over a ten-year period I worked with three network marketing companies, none for less than a year. I agree - and disagree with your opinion Healthelp.

I encourage my prospect to do their homework. Take the time to really research the company you're considering joining AND learn as much as you can about the person with whom you are planning to join. If you do so, you won't have any huge shocks or disappointments when you join.

On the other hand, no matter how great the company or products are, once you're working with a company for a while, you may realize that it simply is not a good fit for you. Don't try it for a week or two. Give it three months at least. Then, if you still feel it is not a good fit, move to another company.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Registered WAHM

Unfortunately, some people get caught up in the "hype" of a company and don't thoroughly vet the opportunity before they jump in. Have I been guilty of this, you bet. I believe that to be successful in Network Marketing or any business for that matter you have to be authentically excited about a product AND the company. Some of this you won't find out until you are actually working "with" the company. So I can understand how people switching companies can be considered "company jumping".

But, I think the term "company jumping" should be reserved for those people who sign up for a new company and expect things to happen overnight. Then when it doesn't happen, they bail to jump on the next bandwagon.

So sure, you have to try in order to succeed. But by "TRY" I mean, Put in the work & put in the TIME because simply "trying does not equal success".
Old 12-07-2013, 10:41 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I agree 81charduck with researching 1000%.

We want to take people at their word. Often times, many new reps jump in without getting the whole story. Taking a glance at a website doesn't count as research. Ask question, ask different people. See who you feel comfortable with. How much pressure is behind their pitch.

Whether your in MLM or Direct Sales, its all involves selling of some kind. Even of yourself.
Selling yourself as reputable person is a key factor. Before you can sell your product or service you need to do research. Have first hand knowledge about it and how it works.

Another point I would like to make if I may. Don't blame the company if you have a bad up-line. Go over their heads if you have to. It may rattle some cages. but your invested in this and it's your right. Don't be left hanging and feel you have to quit. Many people have been truly successful on their own with no support. There is always someone who will take you under their wing and show you the ropes so you are not alone if this is what you need. Just ask!

Tags
affiliate business, leads service, networking, partnership