Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:21 PM
WAHM Addict

Default When a start up fee is too much.

When people say this to me I wonder what is the value they place on their hopes, dreams, and goals? What is the cost of not trying? Something I have noticed with MLM is many people want thingd to happen today. In business it's not like that.

Someone told me $100.00 (Promo Fee) at the moment was too much so I asked well how long will it take for you to save $149.00 (Regular fee). They said they didn't know. To me this meant no goals or they didn't really look at the opportunity. So I suggested they take a deeper look at the business side and consider a 3, 6, 9 or 12 month plan to save $149.00 (Fee after promo is over) if they are serious about comng aboard. I really don't expect the person to draw it out over 12 months because we all know when we want something bad enough we will find a way..

The thing is some people will have an issue with a start up fee even if it's free but in many cases it's not so much the fee it's the vision. Spend this ________ to potentially make this________. Some people just don't see it..

Last edited by Cornelius; 06-08-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2013, 05:56 PM
California Girl!

You're right - some people don't understand and don't get it. Show people testimonials. We just did a webinar on the process of coverting leads into buyers and one of the ways is with the use of testimoniaIs..but done in the right way and sequence.

Perhaps you can get back to those that gave you the money objection and see how (and if) their life has changed for the better and tell them about other people (specific) who thought your program cost too much but they got started anyway and now they're making a nice monthly income with your company....etc..

Corrisa
Old 06-08-2013, 10:45 PM
WAHM Addict

Thanks Corrisa but to me it's not so much about the fee. Sometimes people will question a fee and have every option available on their cell phone or have the latest cell phone. Something I have learned is not to beg or bother anyone when it comes to a product sale or opportunity.

I now give the information when asked and let people decide if it's for them or not. I just think too many people will join a company and do nothing when they could have done something better with those funds. That being said if people ask for testimonials I will show them some but IMO when considering an opportunity people should consider the product, the market for the product, and their potential for income.

The thing with testimonials to me is just because someone else makes a certain amount of money doesn't mean someone else may or may not. Not to also mention it doesn't really matter what someone else makes because it's not like they are going to give anyone any of it.. A person just has to make sure the opportunity they are looking at can potentially work for them and then figure out what they expect to make.. More ah-ha and less rah, rah..
Old 07-05-2013, 06:31 AM
WAHM Regular

Anything above.... zero dollars is just too much. There is no need for fees, auto-ship and other hidden or obvious charges.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Theresa Wilkins

Very true Cornelius. It costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to start franchises such as a McDonalds or a Starbucks, etc. To simply start up your own dog grooming shop, photography business, beauty salon, etc - would cost at least in the thousands. So to spend - usually - less than $500 to start a business where you can make so much more, generally an unlimited income, is almost not enough. People don't take it seriously enough when they don't invest something.

And of course unlike starting your own franchise or even small other business as I mentioned, with a network marketing business you don't have the costs of getting licenses, insurance, advertising (unless you want to) and all the other headaches that come with those.

The fees to get started are really nothing - and they are tax deductible to boot. Now our fee is more than what you just mentioned but it's very easy to get back within 2 weeks and even put a few hundred in your pocket. My father was skeptical of my business and like 6 months after I got in my business he said "did you ever make your money back that you invested?" (I got the money from him - he gives us a bit of our inheritance every year and I asked for it early) I just looked at him dumb founded...of course he has never looked at the plan. And I said, "Dad, yeah, I got it back and doubled it within the first couple of months...and now I get a residual check every month plus the bonuses when I bring new people in. Then he was dumbfounded (but still not a customer. LOL).

Yes, vision and understanding where a network marketing company can take you is what will make it worth it to you. It's pretty simple really. Most plans are very good and to me I'm like "why wouldn't you??"
Old 07-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Theresa Wilkins

Default money spent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted_sunsets View Post
Anything above.... zero dollars is just too much. There is no need for fees, auto-ship and other hidden or obvious charges.
I'm not one for autoships myself. I do pay a monthly fee for my websites, but let me tell you, my back office is like gold! Completely paperless system that has everything up to the minute as well as lots of great advertising tools, presentations - you name it. It's worth the tax deductible $25 a month I spend....and going back to owning a traditional business. You're not going to find an overhead of $25 a month doing those...it's more like a few thousand a month.

I don't know all the ins and outs of that part of it - but I figure the fact that they are going to pay me to bring in a new business partner and then they also pay me when my business partners bring in new consultants to unlimited levels...yeah that might be some of that money? (I don't really know). Then I know that in my own company they have a lot of work to do in jumping through the hoops to get us into new states and soon new countries....then they have great consultant care staff, advertising staff that do all our logos, flyers, brochures, etc., etc., etc. WELL worth it! And as I told Cornelius...got it back and then some within a couple of months.

Even if you do say - Avon - you have an small initial amount to get started to get your "kit" and then every month you have to buy your own catologs, samples, etc. There's always some cost.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:28 PM
WAHM Addict

Companies have overhead to run the business. As for autoships I have come to understand it's just a business plan which isn't good or bad it's just a way a company does business. Try to find any business that has no start up cost because there's always a cost be it up front or on the backend.

The bottom line is it's about sales. No one gets paid unless something is sold. The highest paid people in any company are good sales people. They sell a dream and/or a product. They just do it in bigger numbers..
Old 07-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Super WAHM

In Trivita, I'm putting in $9000 first month to buy a lot of customers. I'm treating it just like a real store business. Takes money to make money, and certainly not for the people who will ask "Can I make some money in this for just one-time $20?"
Old 07-05-2013, 08:24 PM
WAHM Addict

$9,000 to buy customers? What exactly dos that mean?
Old 07-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Super WAHM

Trivita allows affiliates to buy maximum of 90 customers per month