Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Super WAHM

Update:

Breaking MLM News: Robert Dean & T.O.P.G.U.N. NOT Terminated By The Limu Company As Of January 25th 2012 | MLM Help Desk
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2012, 04:07 PM
WAHM Addict

I agree with you EstherL. If you believe in your product & your company and you're successful, why would you abandon ship? I wouldn't want to work with someone who goes from company to company.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:00 PM
WAHM Addict

Sometimes people will leave a company because they have a better offer somewhere else. As for people going company to company people have a right to run their business as they see fit. Products change and markets change so sometimes it's in a person's best interest to move on.

That being said I'm sure there are those who make changes for pure monetary reasons but also something else to consider is companies do fill associates with all kinds of hype so they can become in love with a company and form an emotional bond. That's one way of building company loyalty.

I feel if someone finds an opportunity that they feel is better for them from a business stand point they should make the move. Owners of the companies will do what they feel is in the best interest of their company in a heart beat and if that involves termination, commission reductions or even closure they will do it.. To them it's business so why shouldn't the independent associates think the same way?

As for the topic of course I would think the associate agreement would dictate but something to notice is a top producer was terminated or suspended or whatever. How many times are we told in MLM you can own a business within a business? How many people would suspend or terminate themselves from a business they really own?

Beyond all the rah, rah, uplifting conference calls etc., it's business.. People should take notice at the very least.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Banned

I totally agree!
Old 01-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Awesome WAHM

There is a huge difference between team building and team moving...
You can search "Robert Dean Jumps" and find a whole story of this behavior behind him.

When he left our company, he left behind a whole lot of wonderful people who decided to stick with us because they had found HOME.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:49 PM
WAHM Addict

Great point Melanie.. Many people talk about the turnover in MLM. Well a person at a former company I was at basically said he didn't care if people quit because when they quit sometimes they leave behind a person who becomes a stud.

He explained that most people who have good producers on their teams didn't personally recruit those people. It was the person who left who recruited Billy, who recruited Jane, who recruited Eve who is earning him an over-ride of about $$ per month or earned him $$$ last year.

Then he said if people want to quit, then quit.. I'm sure most companies have someone with the same story to tell. That's one reason why to build big people have to keep people coming into the recruiting system. Most people are going to quit but it only takes a few to do something big.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:57 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81charduck View Post
I agree with you EstherL. If you believe in your product & your company and you're successful, why would you abandon ship? I wouldn't want to work with someone who goes from company to company.
Could not have said it better myself!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:55 PM
WAHM Master

The fact of the matter is, in this industry , and with many professions, people come and people go. You should always listen to your heart and not follow just because making a move may be right for someone else.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:14 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstherL View Post
I feel this practice is shameful. Now, obviously, there are reasons to leave a company. I did it myself. However, when someone jumps ship 5, 6, 7 times, it tells me a couple different things. One, they may not be a person of integrity. Two, they only care about the money and not the people that are affected by their frequent moves. Three, they don't actually believe in the company, product, or compensation plan of the company. If they did, they would not jump to the next start-up so quickly. If you believe your compensation plan can provide a long-term residual income, then why would you just build for a couple years (or months), then jump to the next one promising big bucks?

To me, it smells SLIMY.

I would rather stick with a leader who is consistently working, building a long-term residual income in a business that is time-tested and has a track record of success.

Well said!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:03 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison728 View Post
It may be about the money but it certainly doesn't lend credibility when you promote something as the next great thing and then leave to go someplace else.

I have been recruited by many people and it is one thing I ALWAYS look at. If you find a good company and work you can make a REALLY good living but I like to think my upline sponsor will be there to help me and that she really believes what she is telling me.

Sounds like these heavy hitters are taking advantage of MLMs that "front load" money and then move on.

So happy my company built its comp plan for long term stability and wealth building. It is too bad that so many of the MLM newbies look at the glitz and don't understand that they need goals and a business plan (even if it is a very simple one) to succeed.
I was reading through this thread and this is absolutely a great point. I see people jumping from one thing to the next best thing and it makes me take 3 steps back from them!

Tags
heavyhitters, mlm, monavie