Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Super WAHM

Default Are you joining a company because of great comp plan or great leadership?

Which one is more important to you? The company's pay plan or the people who are in it?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2011, 04:58 PM
WAHM Regular

I just signed up with a new company - and still a rep for another company. First and foremost I was passionate about the product and what the company represents. I didn't even look at the comp plan before I made the decision to join. I figure if I love what I am doing, the money will follow.

If I had to pick between the two you mentioned, I would say the people in it. I think your team and your upline support is very important in the success of your business. Of course a good comp plan is good too - but not the most important to me.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:04 PM
WAHM Addict

Both are important to me but if I have to choose just one between Pay Plan & People (not including the products right?) for the sake of this post I will go with comp/pay plan as my answer.

Happy Wednesday!

Christine
Old 09-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Super WAHM

Both are important - a Company you respect, upline you respect and can learn from and engage...
But more importantly is Product. If you don't love the product and want to talk about it... then you're just doing it for the money and not to Help people.
Just my opinion.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:20 PM
WAHM Addict

I believe the Team and Training is the MOST important thing! Even if you sign with a company that pays you 100% commission (for instance) and you have no real training, you won't make anything anyway.
While compensation, along with product/service longevity, etc is very important and definitely a deciding factor in which company to choose, I don't think it is as important as the training involved
Old 09-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Super WAHM

Well, it depends partially on where YOU are in your abilities and experience. A full-time MLM professional probably doesn't care about the 'team' or 'system' so much because they will be using their team and system. Honestly, in my opinion, they don't care so much about the product either if they can make big bucks at it.
If you're a complete new person, the upline and their system and training become a top priority.
However, if you question the product, don't believe in it, and are perhaps embarrassed then the best training in the world may not bring you 'around'.
Believe in the product, and while it's harder, you can succeed by reaching OUT and finding other systems, etc. to use.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Super WAHM

I didn't mention product because companies/people will always argue that they have the best product. I didn't answer my own question but I would definitely go with the leadership to help grow the business.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:07 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailo View Post
I didn't mention product because companies/people will always argue that they have the best product. I didn't answer my own question but I would definitely go with the leadership to help grow the business.
Definitely the leadership and people I am working with ..lot of people say the product doesnt matter but it does to some extent..what if product does not have a market in your local area?? can become difficult for you to expand the business even though you can do it globally in a very successful manner too if you have the right tools and knowledge,..

Adil
Old 09-29-2011, 05:10 AM
WAHM Addict

The people in it would be important in the sense that they can't be crooked or clueless. How great they are doesn't matter as much to me, but they have to be upfront and honest.

First and foremost for me would be product.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:05 AM
Super WAHM

Default Both

BOTH are important. If you find a company that you love, I would look for leaders who are already in the company and having success. It doesn't ever hurt to pick up the phone and talk to people.