Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:56 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekkeropportunity View Post
I built my first MLM team using the awesome power of the Internet before the company went out of business.
My case rests.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2010, 06:46 AM
Awesome WAHM

Interesting thread going here. I personally believe poeople are tired of being "sold" constantly. I've switched gears recently and have started using a unique marketing approach which is really working well. Instead of selling my business or product, I give them a gift that has tremendous value to them. Nobody has said no to this gift! It's a free app that finds you the best deals online. The average family saves $300/month using this app, so it offers tremendous value and is easy to offer to everyone I meet. After they install it, every time they open their search engine (google, yahoo, whatever) my app pops up on the bottom and has my company logo and link on it. My advertising is in front of them on average 85 times per month! And this has become viral, so they are passing my app onto their friends too.

One more note: I believe all marketing investments should give a healthy return. For each Shopping Genie app you give out, you'll earn roughly $3/month in pay-per-click and affiliate commissions from Ebay, Walmart, Costco, Amazon and hundreds of other online stores.

My underlying philosophy is to make your marketing Win/Win. You need to provide value to your clients. It can't only be about trying to get them to do something for you.

Hope this idea was useful for you. If you're interested in learning more or would like to try the free app yourself, click on my link in my signature.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:06 AM
WAHM Regular

I just joined a network marketing company - this is my first experience. I just had my first meeting and I have to say the people and the positive atmosphere in the room was so addicting. Everyone was so nice and listening to their stories just made me realize I am not alone. They are in constant contact either my email or webinars all trying to help my husband and I build a strong network. I am so excited to get started.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Super WAHM

I think a mixture of off-line and online marketing is a good idea! The key to it though is to build relationships with people. They need to trust you before you ask them to sign up for something
Old 10-09-2010, 02:50 PM
WAHM Regular

great advice, thanks!
Old 10-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Banned

for me the two best places to advertise are SWOM (in my sig) and Trafficswarm
Old 10-26-2010, 11:59 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuliya Mironova View Post
Yes - I'd say that, for sure.

I'm not suggesting you can't sponsor people who weren't actively looking for a business opportunity in the first place. The problem is that you can. But they're the wrong people and they won't still be building and duplicating your business for you two years later, because one way or another you had to persuade them.

This is enormously time-consuming. People you sponsor who weren't actively looking in the first place need more explanation, more time, more effort, more support, more coaching, more tracking and following-up, and all the rest of it. And they still drop out.

So you can sign them up, just like you can sign up some people in your warm market (because "people do business with people they know and trust" - ), but it doesn't "work", because you can't retain them (or enough of them) and make it worthwhile. You just can't make a living that way. You can play around with a part-time little business and earn a few hundred maybe, if you devote enough of your life to it, but you can't make a living, because you're just not building a duplicable business.
so true. I used to be in MLM and found successful recruiting should really be their idea to begin with. They need to provide their own inspiration. Your job is to train and keep them motivated, not by having to constantly tell them why they should be doing this, but how and providing support.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:32 PM
WAHM Addict

Originally Posted by lekkeropportunity
I built my first MLM team using the awesome power of the Internet before the company went out of business.

My case rests.-YULIA

ROFL!
Old 10-30-2010, 03:29 PM
WAHM Addict

I myself stay away from safelists, FFA's, and blasters... tried them all and they do not work! At least not for me. I use blogs,social networking and forums. Love them...and I am dealing with real people who I actually get to know.

I do have a very large list of forums and message boards if anyone needs some ideas...send me a pm.

These are updated and current.... alot of forums have shut down in the last couple years...sad to see ASA go!

Carola
Old 11-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeborahDeGrande View Post
Originally Posted by lekkeropportunity

My case rests.-YULIA

ROFL!
Well I built my team offline before the company went splat. Loved the products; but, the management made miss steps. For those of us who have had a company go splat it's not funny.

Last edited by GivingUpPop; 11-06-2010 at 01:04 PM. Reason: added ; and ,