Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:31 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Linking your site to your MLM site

Hiya, I just got my first customer for my not-yet-launched blogger division. The woman is in an MLM and wondered if she could set up a shopping cart on her site that she can integrate with her MLM site. In other words, she wants her on-site cart to automatically place orders with her MLM account.

This is beyond the scope of my expertise, but before I refer her to a programmer, do any of you have experience with this? Will any of your MLMs allow 3rd parties to hack other systems into the main company system?

Thanks for your input,

Alison
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2009, 01:48 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Hi Alison,
Not sure what companies would allow someone else to be able to tie to their system, but I can say that several I'm familiar with will not allow sales of their products on any website that is not created by or approved by the company....So, she may want to check the policies first to be sure that selling from her own site is allowed.....

Robin
Old 10-29-2009, 02:12 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonMSmith View Post
Will any of your MLMs allow 3rd parties to hack other systems into the main company system?
We don't have a "main company system online" (though we're obviously unusual in that regard). Our company allows distributors to sell the products from their own web sites, but has (and exercises) the right to "inspect and approve" such web sites before they're activated, and will in practice approve them only if the prices charged for the products are the same as the company's "recommended retail price". I think.

(Although many have tried this, over the years, to the best of my knowledge, we have no distributors who have ever really found this worth doing, and actually I know of none that still use their attempts at this. Maybe it's all different in Europe?)

(I always wonder: if they can be sold that way, why can't they be sold in shops, and why is the company an MLM company in the first place?)

Very good advice from Robin in the post above.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:25 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Thank you. I told her I would be surprised if any allowed it, but I thought I'd ask to get a general feel.