Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Sales & Marketing > Network Marketing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:13 PM
WAHM Addict

Potential customers for weight-loss products often fall into the "desperate buyers" category. They will try many different things, sometimes not too discriminately. They will sometimes be influenced by alleged "testimonials" without examining them too closely and sometimes apparently without thinking them about them too closely, either. Some of these "testimonials" are provided only by distributors who have been given free products by the companies concerned! [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

There are some MLM companies around the moment selling potentially dangerous weight-loss products.

Be very careful! [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]

Some of these products have "irritant laxatives" (like senna) as the major active ingredient, and some of them choose not to disclose the quantity of senna in the products - perhaps with reasons for that choice. Such products can cause great problems and should never be used (if at all) for more than a few days without medical supervision and advice.

It's really a very good idea, in many people's opinion, not to buy new "weight-loss products" without checking the ingredients and their quantities first and inspecting the testimonials carefully and thinking about where they came from. Not all "health-scare stories" are hype and hysteria: some of them have a sound underlying scientific/medical basis!Edited by: Yulia

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2009, 06:19 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Yulia what company are you with again? I would like to see what all your company has to offer.

Thanks,
Scott
Why spend $50/mo or more on autoships where that money is gone forever? Use those same dollars and exchange them for gold bars which can increase in value. Don't waste $$$ on autoships! Exchange it for 1g, 999.9 pure, 24K bars of GOLD!

http://www.karatbars.com/?s=lunsford
Old 02-12-2009, 07:45 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yulia
Potential customers for weight-loss products often fall into the "desperate buyers" category. They will try many different things, sometimes not too discriminately. They will sometimes be influenced by alleged "testimonials" without examining them too closely and sometimes apparently without thinking them about them too closely, either. Some of these "testimonials" are provided only by distributors who have been given free products by the companies concerned! [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

There are some new MLM companies around the moment launching/"pre-launching" "new" weight-loss products.

Be very careful! [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]

Some of these products have "irritant laxatives" (like senna) as the major active ingredient, and some of them choose not to disclose the quantity of senna in the products - perhaps with reasons for that choice. Such products can cause great problems and should never be used for more than a few days without medical supervision and advice.

It's really a very good idea, in many people's opinion, not to buy new "weight-loss products" without checking the ingredients and their quantities first and inspecting the testimonials carefully and thinking about where they came from. Not all "health-scare stories" are hype and hysteria: some of them have a sound underlying scientific/medical basis!
Great Advice!

~Carola

Old 02-12-2009, 09:52 PM
WAHM Addict

Yes, good advice!!
And take the supplement to your Dr first,if you are on medication, and have him give the ok.

I always do a google search or a dictionary search on mostingredients.
I am very leerywhen I comes to certain ingredients and won'tjust put anything into my bodywhen I don't know what it or can't pronounce it!
I am very careful when it comes to this for myself and my family!
Old 02-13-2009, 04:25 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopia
Yulia what company are you with again? I would like to see what all your company has to offer.
Scott, our company's opportunity and products are not available outside Europe and in any case we don't promote online at all and that's not why I'm here, and never has been. But in any case you can be certain that I, having had a former schoolfriend who died after using "weight-loss products" which were actually irritant laxatives containing senna as the first-listed product on the label, would hardly be selling anything like that.

If your interest is genuine, please just let me know by p.m. and I'll happily put you in touch with a US company (with which we have no formal connection at all), which has an excellent range of products based on similar freshwater algae formulations to our own nutritional products. Like us, they sell food, not "supplements" or "treatments" of any kind.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:15 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yulia
Quote:
Scott, our company's opportunity and products are not available outside Europe and in any case we don't promote online.....

I am not interested in joining or buying, I would just like to know what company and products your company has to offer..

Thanks in advance.

Scott
Why spend $50/mo or more on autoships where that money is gone forever? Use those same dollars and exchange them for gold bars which can increase in value. Don't waste $$$ on autoships! Exchange it for 1g, 999.9 pure, 24K bars of GOLD!

http://www.karatbars.com/?s=lunsford
Old 02-13-2009, 07:18 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
I am not interested in joining or buying, I would just like to know what company and products your company has to offer.
I'll send you a p.m. later today then, Scott. That's not what this thread is about, at all.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hi Yulia,

Is your company out of England, located in Exeter? Just wondering... :-)

Thomas

Old 02-14-2009, 02:20 PM
WAHM Addict

Why is it so secret to tell what company you are with Yulia? Just curious.

~Jessica

Old 02-14-2009, 04:10 PM
WAHM Addict

Hi Jessica,

I'll explain: it's just that it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, which has already been hijacked, deleted and re-posted once.

There are many members here who, for quite a variety of reasons, choose not to promote (and sometimes not even to discuss) their business online. They have every right to do so.

Here's the thing: when I was at school (in England) I had a friend who unwisely took something promoted as a weight-loss product. The active ingredient in it was actually an irritant laxative called senna, and she bought it and took it without medical supervision, as people sometimes do when products like that are promoted for weight-loss. She died from it. Her death was directly attributed to senna, both by the coroner and by the court inquest. The company that sold it that was subsequently closed down by the authorities, but too late to save my friend's life.

Can you begin to imagine how appalled, dismayed and distressed I am to see that some newly-formed MLM companies are now promoting as "weight-loss products" things in which the first-listed, active ingredient is that same irritant laxative, "senna"? And without saying on the label that it's an irritant laxative. Can you imagine how important it feels to me to be able to comment on that in a network marketing discussion forum in which I see people promoting such products?

Is that an entirely legitimate, valid and appropriate use of such a discussion forum?

Some people seem to think not, apparently, because the first time I posted it, they hijacked the thread. The senior moderator (though not at all at my request or instigation) chose to delete the thread, kindly explained why to me, and thanked me for re-posting the original post. I'm hoping that won't all need to happen again. That's not unreasonable, is it? [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]