Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-19-2007, 10:36 AM
WAHM Regular

How is everyone doing these days? I thought I would post to let everyone know what's going on on this side of the world since I've been out of circulation on the board.

I have been in a major slump businesswise and it isSO depressing. I am having such a hard time having my directory printed here in the UK. My first issue was completed two months ago and I have had at least three printers just totally jerk me around with it. It has just become so frustrating to me. My website designer lately as well feels like he's also giving me the run around too. I don't want to give up before I even get started. I've also invested quite a bit of my money not to mention a considerable amount of my time into this. Now it looks as if I will have to revamp everything for the directory to even be launched. I know that I can do but I just feel like whining for a minute.

In other news, my daughter site is doing well actuallywe just need to work on updating more frequently and create some printed material but just thinking about printers right now make me want to scream!

How is everyone one faring?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2007, 07:49 AM
WAHM Regular

Well, I thought I'd give an update on my last vent. Things must be quitegoing quite well for everyone,no onesaid anything about how their businesses were going. So keep up the good work ladies.

At any rate, I've had some time to think things over and decided that the best thing (which really happens to be the original thing I'd decided to do is to be exclusively online). It really saves me quite a few headaches with printing, shipping, the post office, overall costs to me and my clientsand any other additional places Iwould have to get approval from to distribute the directory in future locations and gas going from base to base. I am still having a time with my designer but nothing like what has happened here locally.

So onward and upward now! I am feeling so energized right now. Just glad I didn't scrap the project until I had a chance to think things through. I can at least launch the site and have more services available over all.

Cheers!
Old 05-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Super WAHM

Hey Tamara,

I'm sorry things aren't working out the way you wanted them to. That can be so frustrating! But you have a very positive attitude. That helps so much. Good luck with keeping everything online. I sincerely hope you can achieve your goals that way. It should at least be easier in the long run.
Things are going very well for me. Our company just announced our in-home agent program is now up and running. They've created a virtual call center situation where I can either sell product or recruit for the business by answering phone calls in my home generated by infomercials. I'm so excited about this aspect of the business. I hate making cold calls or spending money on advertising not knowing if it will work. I also found out at the conference I just attended this weekend that I can accept calls on my cell phone. So as long as our hotel has internet, I'll be able to work even while we PCS this summer. I'm so grateful!

This business is brand new (just started in January), so some things (like the in-home agent program) have been "in the works" for a while now. It is difficult to be patient, but it looks like it'll be paying off now. FINALLY!! I can't help being excited since I just got back from the conference. But, YEY!! hehehe

Anyways, keep your chin up and let me know if I can possibly help. We're hoping to have our house rented by July 1st, so I have a busy month ahead of me. But I can still talk (write, I mean).

Deanna