Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:53 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Potential New Consultant Here

I am thinking about joining Mary Kay in January. What is the best way to get your Mary Kay business going? I am new to my area and want to use this to make money and meet new people, right now I only know my church members.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2015, 01:48 PM
WAHM Fanatic

That's a fun company. With any business, I would definitely do a business launch for your church friends and family. Ask them to bring their friends for you to meet! Your sales director and recruiter can guide you as to how to structure your launch. You will be able to book some shows and one on one facials from your launch. Tell everyone that you are opening your new business after the holidays and to be watching for their invite to your launch! Share your excitement with them! Best wishes in your new venture!
Old 12-01-2015, 05:16 PM
WAHM Regular

I can't help you with MK specifically, but I did want to at least wish you GOOD LUCK!

Joining a DS company can be really exciting. It's a way to make extra money, get a product discount on products that you love, and meet new people.

At first, things may be a little overwhelming, but you'll have a ton of energy for your business, and get through that. Over time, your energy may decrease a little bit, but just be sure to keep at it.

The more you keep it at, the more momentum you will see down the road.

Good luck!
Old 12-01-2015, 09:18 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi Kim!!

I'm with Mary Kay and agree with the other posters. The best way to start is a launch party. Invite everyone you know and just get excited about your new venture. I wish you all the best of luck and if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask
Old 12-01-2015, 11:44 PM
Super WAHM

I just moved to my area as well! I focused on building genuine relationships with people and then asked them to help with out with a Mary Kay goal (30 faces in 30 days). Then they can refer new people to you either via a party they host or just word of mouth!

Are you close to your soon to be recruiter/director?
Old 01-10-2016, 02:07 PM
WAHM Regular

If you're new to the area it might be a good chance to meet your new neighbors and give them a catalog!
Old 01-16-2016, 12:57 AM
Registered WAHM

Where is the catalog???
Old 01-17-2016, 05:51 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile

Please be careful upon joining Mary Kay. I love their products but I unfortunately had to stop. My recruiter was relentless about me purchasing product, saying "You can't sell from an empty store!" and then tried to influence me to purchase thousands of dollars worth of Mary Kay.
Not only that, they would "update" the packaging so what I would have been left with was an outdated "store" of products. I'm not the party plan type of girl, so I decided I would be a better customer than representative.
The company I'm with now is almost a relief from that, I don't ever have to do another "party" again, and I can order products as I need to, or the customers can just order from my website.
I don't mean to be negative; I actually loved the products and what they stood for, but it just wasn't for me.
I wish you lots of luck in what you decide to do!
Hope I could help
Old 01-23-2016, 04:46 PM
Awesome WAHM

Here's my advice: Make good financial decisions based on facts. MK is not a get rich scheme. You'll be fine if you keep your eyes always open. Many of us on this board are former red jackets and directors - we speak from experience

Good luck !

Pink Pea

Last edited by PinkPea; 01-23-2016 at 04:49 PM. Reason: To add another good thought !