Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:21 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Mary Kay or AVON?

Hi,

I did Amway for three years and it was a nightmare, it has such a bad reputation and it cost several hundred a month. It cost $400 a month for your "office material" and then they wanted you to order another $800 a month in personal product.

I loved having products to sell, but prices would triple after tax & shipping making it cost you money to sell it. I am ready to build a new business, I am most interested in building a solid down line, and and back and fourth between selling AVON and Mary Kay. Which is better, and has better compensation for business builders?

Thank you
Kristy
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Awesome WAHM

The advantage with one of these companies is that you have two companies that have the reputation but in the US, there are a lot of these reps, that said: you can still build a business if your heart is in being with one of these companies. Just know that it's likely most people already know someone with one of these companies that they either buy from or can partner with. However, if you have contact overseas where I hear Avon and Mary Kay are doing really well: the option to build internationally could be huge if you're savvy with internet marketing to reach people internationally. That's the advantage of going with one of these companies is the ability to grow internationally more so than here in the US where they have such a big footprint already.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:08 AM
Super WAHM

What I always tell my team members is that the compensation plan between companies doesn't matter - you need to love the products. You will make more money off of love of the products than the commissions. Meaning if you were selling pens at a 40% commission or pencils at a 20% commission and you loves the pencils and thought the pens were okay - you would make more money selling pencils than pens because of your love and enthusiasm for the products.

MK and Avon do sell similar products, Avon just has a wider variety than MK. Both are well recognized around the country.

Have you had a chance to try the MK products? If not send me a message and I will get some sent odd to you!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:02 AM
Scentsational Director

I just sent you a quick email with lots of info on Mary Kay - as I had to make the decision between these two companies when I joined as well

Talk to you soon!
Old 09-29-2012, 12:29 PM
WAHM Fanatic

It will be difficult to determine which company is "better" per se due to the simliarities in their product lines and overall business models. You will need to see what product line you personally will love to use and will enjoy promoting. I am in complete agreement with Melissa on this one. The passion for your product line will ensure your success
Old 09-29-2012, 02:44 PM
WAHM Regular

I first did Avon and i didn't like it. Too frequent brochure changes . It does help if you love the products that you sell.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Super WAHM

In case you haven't heard the starter kit is on sale for $75 in October. There also is credits available for new consultants to use when they place their first order!