Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:31 PM
WAHM Regular

Default placing customer orders

How do i place customer orders as a new mary kay consultant when i can't afford to get inventory. my director said prior to my debut i could take preorders to pay for inventory but most of what i get will go to the customers.how does becoming active work with orders?

Last edited by diana45; 08-28-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Awesome WAHM

Are you required to buy inventory? These days, nearly every company offers shopping directly online so there's no reason to carry inventory. I used my starter kit when I joined my company and a few products I use for myself that I can show and for anyone who wants to order, they just go to my website .
Old 08-29-2012, 11:22 AM
WAHM Regular

Most starter kits come with samples and products. Just begin with these (and any personal use products) to share with your potential customers. As you learn what your best sellers are you could eventually keep a small stock. Online is great but direct sales is really a belly-to-belly business about forming personal relationships which is hard to do online. You will want your customers to see and smell and try the products before investing in any kind of inventory.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:48 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm told I'm not active till I place a two hundred dollar order. Not required to buy but encouraged to have inventory. I have to gather orders and pay the rest myself. Since its hard finding customers. I just don't see the point in inventory till I get enough customers where I can move product.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:06 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Where there is a will there is a way!

The MK ladies I know are some of the hardest working, insprirational, and most determined people out there! Find a way to establish your customer base. Ask your church to set up a table, ask friends to host an event, host a spa party yourself, do an inexpensive vendor event, you can make it happen. Best wishes to you!
Old 08-30-2012, 11:38 AM
WAHM Regular

Agree with the above and here are some other ideas that my daughter did when she started..

1. Do a business launch-use your kit and set up a nice display (show them all they get for $100!) Get your director to let you borrow some extra product to sample (like perfumes, lotions etc) Invite everyone you know and neighbors you don't know! Be excited about your launch. Tell them there are new MK products that they haven't seen or tried.

2. Think Sets! How many sets of Timewise do you need to sell to get to your goal? ( 6-sets of Timewise Repair= nearly $600, that mostly pays for a $1,200 retail order!) Not only would you be active, but qualified and you would have another $600 retail of stock.

3. Give an incentive at your launch, GWP. There are tons of things on Sec.2 that would work for that including PCP premiums! Get creative! You don't have to spend a lot of money on gifts.

4. Don't get discouraged, successful business' did not happen over night!

Best to you!

Last edited by Inspirationswithme; 08-30-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:11 PM
WAHM Regular

I already had my launch. Two people showed out of seventy.no one is interested in a party do now I have to go hand out business cards to gain customers. Preferably the ones who will buy time wise. My friends are young and time wise is too expensive. I don't go to church. I do go to college but I'm on break. I'm putting in my order on Saturday but I need to find ways to get customers.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:13 PM
WAHM Regular

I can only put in two hundred that included ordering for customers. I can only get one time wise set or other products for what I can afford.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:46 AM
WAHM Addict

If you already had you launch, and if you ar unable to come up with enough orders to pay for initial $200 inventory order..you might want to look into something else. The beginning is when the picking is the most plum.. because there are so many friends and family members to help out. .....my beginning expience took a lot of energy but my first order was over 500 retail based on actual sales....that was before the idea of a LAUNCH got developed.. ( the launch or open house is just not as successful as scheduling 8 parties withing a ten day period...and holding five because at least three will cancel)
Old 09-01-2012, 12:35 PM
WAHM Regular

It's because my friends go through another friend. My director says to not give up and meet five new people a day. No one should give up. I do have my two hundred including sales.