Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-30-2014, 12:31 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Introducing Trades of Hope to the forum

Hi there ladies,
I recently joined Trades of Hope and as I've been visiting these boards for many years I thought I would let you all know about Trades of Hope too. We're not solely jewelry but over 1/2 our line is jewelry. We also carry scarves, purses/bags and various home decor items. Trades of Hope is a missional business that all of our items we sell are Fair Trade. So we work with artisans around the world to create beautiful items for us that we then sell for them. Learning about the various artisans and just how the ripple effect of helping them earn a living wage and then what they are doing in their communities is humbling and exciting. I am looking forward to learning something new as I have never sold a line of items quite like this. I had thought I was done with DS & I never thought I'd sell jewelry but I fell in love with their line and their mission. My heart just couldn't say no. ♥
So far the response has been amazing and my launch parties are this weekend. I'm excited to get going and be a world changer.... one sale at a time.

Amanda
Compassionate Entrepreneur
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2014, 03:19 PM
WAHM Fanatic

The jewelry and scarves are beautiful. Good luck in your new adventure!
Old 04-30-2014, 04:17 PM
Awesome WAHM

Good luck in your new business venture!
Old 05-01-2014, 03:32 PM
WAHM Addict

Enjoy your new business.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:58 PM
Awesome WAHM

At Amanda, did you quit simply fun. This new company your with looks great!
How does the jewelry look in person? Which kit did you start off with? Let us know how your kick off party went.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:43 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Lani, I am still "officially" with them as it takes over a year to drop off their active lists since when you drop off of being a builder, you become a Play Saver (personal use at a discount level) but haven't been actively working for them for a while. Still love the games for my family.... just hadn't been working as a business. Apparently it's much harder to ask someone to change their habits and actually spend time interacting/playing with their kids (even just 20-30 min.) than I ever dreamed. So sad. I had worked that biz hard for 4 years. It was hard to decide to move on.

With that said, I have always had a heart for missions and when I found Trades of Hope it really spoke to me. In fact while spending time praying and thinking about it, the feeling that I needed to be a part of this kept growing and even started keeping me awake at night thinking about their products and mission. So far my launch parties (2 of 3 down) this weekend are doing well! So far sales are good & I already have 3 confirmed bookings and one host who thinks she might like to use her host credit to join - so not too shabby so far! Of course I'll be following up with those who were busy this weekend over the next couple weeks.

So far everything I've seen has looked the same or better in person than it did in the catalog. Example - the Tri-leaf earrings come with the $99 kit (which is what I got) and from the online catalog they didn't look very exciting. However, when they arrived they were beautiful in person. Each leaf is another metal (gold, bronze & silver) hue. The light catches the leaves and they move and shine so beautifully while being really light on my ears.... I love wearing them. I get at least one compliment on them every time I wear them out of the house. The paisley journal when I opened it and could see the handmade paper with all the flower petals in it was breathtaking and to know that an artisan actually printed out the ancient script on the front of the journal was awe inspiring for me. I got the smaller kit because I wanted to chose what else I had for display myself. When you join Trades of Hope they give you a special welcome code to get 35% off (on top of your normal discount) your first purchase of items from the catalog, business supplies (catlaogs/biz cards...), etc. So I was able to pick out a few favorites to add to my display and then I will get more free & 1/2 price from my launch parties.

So far I am having a much quicker and happier response to Trades of Hope than to things in the past. I think part of it is that they can hear the excitement and passion for these artisans as I am learning their stories and two I think many women are excited to be able to do something tangible to make a difference for another Mom who just wants to feed & educate her children, put a roof over their heads.... just like we do while getting something for herself. Our co-founders and 13 Compassionate Entrepreneurs (CEs) headed out to Haiti today for one of our vision trips where they will be able to meet some of our artisans in person. Who knows, I might join them on one of the vision trips one day.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes, I appreciate them all.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Awesome WAHM

Did you compare it to Vibella? They are the same as far as mission very similar.
If you did, why did you pick this? I personally feel drawn to this one
Your in better. I saw another one. Noonday. But looks like that is direct sales only,
No downline commission.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:16 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Lani, I hadn't heard of Vibella until a few days ago and I went to their site to check things out. Yes, another great company with a heart for empowering women - awesome! With that said their jewelry isn't quite as much my style but there is such a wide range in what speaks to different women. BUT, I am not a huge jewelry gal so it's surprising that I loved so much of the Trades of Hope line. It's why I never thought of myself as a possible jewelry consultant. I also liked that if someone didn't love jewelry, they could find a scarf they liked, or a piece for their home or a journal. For me, I know where I am meant to be.

There wasn't a lot of info on Vibella's site about becoming a rep so I have no idea how the comp plans compare or what amazing things they do. I tried to click on their videos and they wouldn't come up on my computer (sure it's just my finicky computer) but saw they had one on training their reps to do jewelry repair - interesting.

Definitely some similarities in the mission. It looks like most of Vibella's artisans are in 3 countries currently. Trades of Hope currently has artisans in 10 countries. But they both seem to be young, growing companies. They both seem like they are founded by strong Christians.. Women purchasing from either would be putting their spending $$ to good use. And anyone who decided to rep for them would be doing immeasurable good with their business I am sure. Sometimes you just have to follow your heart to where God leads you and that may be different places for different people.

One nice thing that TOH has, is their monthly Gifts of Hope. This is on top of paying our artisans 100% of their asking price (which helps them pay for food, medical, education, housing, etc.) (If you want to see how they determine the price paid to our artisans Trades of Hope has several videos on youtube where they explain some things like this.) they also give a portion of all sales each month to a different charity. In March they were able to donate enough money for 48 fistula surgeries through one group and enough for 30 days of counseling for survivors rescued from the sex trades through another group. In April they were donating to Cherished (haven't heard what amount was earned yet) and this month the Gifts of Hope will be going to Exodus Road. I saw in the past they had donated to the Rapha House which is a group I was already familiar with and owned a purse from. Sometimes they donate animals (goats, chickens, etc.), sewing machines, wells, etc. to the communities their artisans are in.

Because no matter which company is better for you : Your accessories can take care of her necessities.

Amanda
CE

Last edited by funmomma; 05-05-2014 at 07:21 AM. Reason: saw a typo.... I'm sure I missed more!
Old 05-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Awesome WAHM

Sounds great! Do you know what average sales party is? How many consultants?
Old 05-09-2014, 01:48 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I asked that question too. I was told that the national average (which is what I asked for) is running just over $400. They told me they do routinely have parties over $1,000 - like another brand new girl who had a $1,900 launch party! I do have to say the sales numbers are much higher overall than my previous venture.
When I joined a month ago I was told we have about 400 CEs in 25 states. They JUST opened recruiting up in Alaska and Hawaii. The home office announced last week that they are moving our distribution into a new space that is 3x bigger. So, still a small company overall, but I see a new CE name or three being welcomed almost everyday in our closed FB group.

Amanda
Compassionate Entrepreneur