Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:23 PM
WAHM Fanatic

That sounds great! Yes, word is still getting out. This week on our FB group page someone asked how many CEs were were up to and the said it was about 1,200 of us. There was a neat graphic that TOH used at our retreat and I've posted it a few times online. We only reached 1,000 CES at the end of 2014 but we sold 89,000 items, helped employ 6,585 artisans and when our artisans were asked how many people their earrings helped support in their homes & communities we got back the number of 26,612 lives impacted. I can't wait for us to grow huge like some of the other companies... think of how many women (& their families) would be helped out of poverty!!!
I also recently heard the statistic that if every American Household would spend just $400/year on Fair Trade items poverty could essentially be eradicated. That just means taking some of our purchases that currently use slave labor and switching them to Fair Trade purchases. There's also a short trailer out from Poverty, Inc. for an upcoming movie that talks about how our current charity system is broken and isn't working. There was a gentleman in the trailer that said something similar to No country has ever received so much aid it became a first world country - and one of our artisan groups was shown around the 2 min. mark and after. https://vimeo.com/109863354 Here's the link to that movie trailer. The more I learn, the more I am proud to be advocating for our artisans, educating others to how we can help make lasting, generational change and that I joined Trades of Hope.
Check out the TOH website too. That's where I decided to join TOH from. And then I talked with my sponsor and joined up! Happy researching. <3
Amanda
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2015, 11:48 AM
WAHM Fanatic

And my live, in person party had become a live, FB party due to the snow coming down here in KC. My host thought it might get too bad, too quickly. So thankful we have options!! I just recorded a couple new videos - one to open the party and one to close it along with my standard posts. Going to change some lives today despite the snow!
Amanda
Old 02-28-2015, 02:16 PM
Super WAHM

Awesome! So nice you have an option instead of just having to cancel or reschedule! I am in Iowa and the snow is just starting to lightly come down! I don't think we are suppose to get a lot though. I hope not! We have to travel to my daughters volleyball tournament tomorrow morning!!
Old 02-28-2015, 02:42 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Safe travels tomorrow Lori!
So far we only have an inch or two but when the host worries about her friends sliding around then yes, it's good we have other options. Years ago, it was just a cancellation with hopefully a reschedule! I am not highly technically inclined but I am glad that technology is widening options for all of us to do business in different ways and meet our customers where they are.
Amanda
Old 03-02-2015, 09:13 PM
WAHM Fanatic

LoriW,
I was at the Kansas City TOH National Tour stop tonight and Colleen B had driven down from Iowa (one of her team members is down here & we met at the retreat in January) and we got to talking and she was telling me about the fundraiser fashion show she was a part of which is likely where you saw TOH. Small world!
Amanda