Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:24 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Origami Owl or Paparazzi Jewelry

I have signed up to be on the waiting list for Origami Owl, but I have a friend that sells Paparazzi Jewelry. I am just wondering which company would be better to start selling with? I LOVE Origami Owl, but I probably going to have to wait a long time before I can even being to sell with them. Paparazzi looks good, especially the price tags!! Thoughts? Opinions?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Awesome WAHM

I sent you an email.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:18 PM
Awesome WAHM

I also sent a PM.

I am with Paparazzi and absolutely love it! When women find out everything is just $5, they are completely shocked & tend to purchase several items instead of just one or two. I really like our "cash and carry" model because we don't have to purchase/distribute catalogs or place customer orders. If a customer sees an item in my inventory she wants, she pays and gets it immediately. We also have amazing team support.

Good luck on whatever you decide & please let me know if you have any questions about Paparazzi!
Old 04-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Awesome WAHM

I think it depends on what you're drawn to. Jewelry is so personal. I personally prefer a variety and only buy a few sterling silver pieces or unique jewelry. If you're going to sell jewelry, you really have to go with the jewelry that you're going to love to wear and show to others .
Old 04-25-2013, 07:38 PM
Super WAHM

South Hill Designs!!

Last edited by littleshamrock; 06-14-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:54 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for all of the feedback. I did sign up on the waiting list for OO, but I have a friend that sells paparazzi, so if I decide to go that way I am sure I will sign up under her. I guess my big concern is the investment and the compensation plans. Any feedback on the 2?
Old 04-26-2013, 03:02 PM
WAHM Regular

With Paparazzi, we have a lot of freedom as to how and where we can sell our jewelry. We're allowed to set up at flea markets, yard sells, pretty much anywhere. Also, we can recruit salons or other retail establishments into our down line. And of course, we also have the typical home parties but our price point is very low and there's no formal presentations or games.

We purchase our items upfront for $2.75 + tax. We then sell them for $5.00 + tax, so we earn 45% commission on sales. We earn 10% from our downline (varies). Our starter kits start at $300, but you get $500 worth of merchandise plus supplies. You can also start by paying the $40 enrollment fee which lets you purchase the merchandise at the wholesale price.

I would start planning your business. How are you going to operate? Talk to some friends or family to see if they would hold parties for you. I went with Paparazzi because I'm new to my area and don't know anyone to host parties, with Paparazzi I can do events.

Be sure to pick the best sponsor for your business. You want to be successful.

Last edited by rkaudia; 04-26-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Super WAHM

I'm a papa rep so I'm biased a little. Tho I am party swapping with a oo consultant at the moment lol But I am curious why do they have a wait list? Is that just part of how the company is set up or are they growing faster than expected?
Old 04-28-2013, 03:39 PM
WAHM Regular

From what I can tell, the waiting list is because they grew a lot faster than expected. But now I'm having second thoughts because I really like OO, but the fact that Paparazzi is so affordable and there isn't many reps in my area is making me considering going with them instead. Also the flexibility thing is a huge factor also.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Registered WAHM

I have been an Independent Designer with Origami Owl since June 2012 and I LOVE it! I am currently a Senior Team Leader and couldn't be happier. I would love to help answer any questions you may have.