Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Registered WAHM

Default OO or South Hills?

Both of these companies items look very similar.

Any feedback from either company would be great!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 05:08 PM
Super WAHM

I really don't think that we can say a whole lot on these boards, but the two companies are different. In my opinion, Origami Owl's compensation plan is top-notch! The requirements for staying active with OO are very easily obtained. South Hills has a less expensive kit option, but it only includes catalogs and marketing material. Origami Owl's basic kit is $149, but includes enough to show for a party. While the products are similar, OO is less expensive and is expanding it's line. I always say that I like the competition, because it made OO ramp up their game. We have a new, exciting hostess rewards program coming out in April, and it's going to be hard to beat!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Awesome WAHM

Brittany, I sent you a PM with some information. I think it's really about finding the one that's great for you.

The South Hill Designs kit options are either $29, $199 or $399, depending on what works for your situation. We have many who have done the $29 kit and are doing quite well in growing their business. I really didn't know about OO until I started with South Hill, although I haven't seen much difference in price.

The products are top notch and my customers love what they are able to do with them.

We're growing very fast, introducing new products all the time and have no wait list. I like to say "Sign up today, start today!"
Old 02-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Super WAHM

Just a side note, our wait list is almost gone, so please don't let that be a deciding factor!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleshamrock View Post
I really don't think that we can say a whole lot on these boards, but the two companies are different. In my opinion, Origami Owl's compensation plan is top-notch! The requirements for staying active with OO are very easily obtained. South Hills has a less expensive kit option, but it only includes catalogs and marketing material. Origami Owl's basic kit is $149, but includes enough to show for a party. While the products are similar, OO is less expensive and is expanding it's line. I always say that I like the competition, because it made OO ramp up their game. We have a new, exciting hostess rewards program coming out in April, and it's going to be hard to beat!
What is the new hostess reward program everyone seems to be talking about? Is it true that the designer has to pay for the hostess benefits with OO?
Old 03-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Awesome WAHM

I'm sure someone from OO with come and reply to that. I'm really not sure. With SHD, our hostess reward program is very generous and completely paid by the company. My hostess last weekend, who does a lot of parties, told me it's one of the best she's seen.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:04 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjasp View Post
What is the new hostess reward program everyone seems to be talking about? Is it true that the designer has to pay for the hostess benefits with OO?
The designer has never been responsible for paying for the hostess rewards, they were given credit to buy them based on sales. Ex. If a hostess sold 250 worth of product, the designer was given a 25 credit to use for the hostess rewards. The program is changing in April with hostess rewards being handled by corporate, so the designer doesn't have to worry about it, and to my understanding, the rewards themselves are going to be better. Hope this helps!

Amanda
Origami Owl, Independent Designer
Old 03-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Awesome WAHM

Thx Amanda
Old 03-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Awesome WAHM

In looking at all of the boards here, I see a lot of variations in hostess rewards. I love what we do because it's graduated. A hostess with a larger party, earns a bigger percentage of her sales in free things. My first hostess earned four half price items plus she got 20% of her sales. She ended up with $140 in free product in addition to her half price items. I love the added rewards for doing more. A hostess can earn up to 25% of her party total if she has a really great social.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:24 AM
WAHM Regular

Another change to the OO hostess program is that we are introducing hostess exclusive products they can earn free or discounted. That's coming in April...very exciting things coming up! I have spoken with some very nice and knowledgeable ladies from SHD, I just felt that the OO brand and comp plan was a better fit for me.