Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Iv'e narrowed it down to two

First, thanks girls for answering my posts. I have narrowed my search down to Just Jewelry and JBPL. I love the jewelry of both and there are pros and cons about the rest of the business, like price point, quality and startup costs.

I scheduled a park lane party before I decided I wanted to sell it and then researched and found JJ. So, I'm at a hard spot... if I cancel the JBPL part and still have the girls over I could do a catalog party for JJ and collect $500 in sales and pay for my kit. But how likely is it that people will buy without seeing one piece? Or, I can keep JBPL and get my kit and $1000 worth of jewelry for $5 with the same sales with JBPL.

In the end, I like the price point much better with JJ, and my in my area I think the people would too. But I know the quality of JBPL and I'm just going off of consultant and a few customers reviews of JJ quality. Does anyone know if JJ offers returns after 90days like JBPL? JBPL is lifetime for $7 fee if after a period of time.

Opinions from consultant and customers? Only JBPL and JJ please, I know I will go with one of these.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2011, 11:08 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Just Jewelry Warranty

Just Jewelry offers customers a 90 day guarantee against manufacturer defects, and handles the repair/exchange for the customer directly. We have one of the lowest rates of manufacturer defect in the industry, and our jewelry is manufactured at some of the same facilities as jewelry from companies like Ann Taylor and Liz Claiborne.

Have you spoken with anyone specifically about the company? If not, I would love to help you weigh out your options. You can send me a private message and we could talk over the phone and I can answer any questions you may have about our company.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Super WAHM

Just sticking in my two cents. Looks like most of the companies out there design very similar styles. I'm a lia sophia rep and love their styles, and love their jewelry. I've never not liked anything I've gotten and love that they have a lifetime guarantee on their jewelry. Start up costs are minimal, lots of support through their web. Has anyone offered you to look through their Advisor only site? Just a thought. Full disclosure is best before deciding to join any business. That and research. Good luck with whatever company you choose to go with.

Tricia
Old 11-28-2011, 12:50 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Guarantees are great, but find out how much it costs to ship it back, and who pays. I've heard that is a sticking point for some reps. I am fortunate that Silpada provides us with pre-paid shipping labels, so they cover return shipping both ways, both for people who exchange for a different piece, and for pieces covered under the lifetime warranty.

It certainly would be ideal to be able to see some of the JJ in person first. Isn't there a consultant close enough who would meet you to show you a few pieces?

If you decide to sell JJ, I do think it will undermine your success to first do a party with PL. And if you are going to be a PL rep, how does that work? You can earn your kit, but what happens to bookings from that party - are they yours? Your sponsor's? Find that out before hosting because if they will not be yours, you might be better off signing up and then hosting a kickoff where you get the profits, the free jewelry, and all the bookings from your guests.

Best wishes for your success, in whichever business you choose!
Old 11-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Registered WAHM

I think you should just think about what's important to you and what you think would be most important to your potential customer base. I know for me the price of Just Jewelry was the biggest factor in making my decision. I wouldn't spend $100 on a fashion jewelry item, sterling or not, so I certainly wouldn't expect my customers to. Actually I knew my beginning customer base, friends, family, coworkers, etc, would not spend that on fashion jewelry but they would be able to afford JJ!!

Of course with any company you're going to have breaks or defects. I haven't had that many though, and honestly, if its taken care of, you shouldn't have many at all! Hope that helps you!

Tags
jewelry, lane, opinion, park, price