Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:42 AM
WAHM Regular

Question Why Did You Leave Silpada?

Hi,

I'd like to hear from some former Silpada reps to find out why you decided to leave Silpada. Please PM me. I don't want to cause any upset with the current Silpada reps. I am seriously considering joining them, but want to make sure I know everything I need to know.

There are so many sterling silver companies that have popped up over the past few years. I'm just curious why some left Silpada to go to one of those companies. Is the quality as good? Is the new company supportive? Was it a better hostess or consultant benefit plan that made you leave? Does it sell as well as one with an established name?

Thank you!
Chris
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Super WAHM

I would like to know the same things. Please PM me, too
Thanks!
Old 01-24-2010, 01:29 PM
WAHM Regular

Red face Left Silpada?

I haven't heard a peep from anyone regarding reasons for leaving Silpada. That's a good sign. I had heard a rumor a while back that many had left Silpada for various reasons and joined several of the new upstart sterling companies. Perhaps I was misinformed.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:31 AM
Super WAHM

There are quite a few ladies on this board who have left Silpada for other companies who will probably answer you - they might have been busy over the weekend!
Old 01-25-2010, 04:33 PM
WAHM Master

The only points I have ever heard against Silpada were

they thought the market was Saturated in their area
they thought the price points were better with other silver companies
the inability to do much online (or even mention the name for that matter)

Other than that, I don't think I have heard anyone say anything about the quality of the jewelry with Silpada.

Myself, you have to understand that some of the other silver companies are so small. that may seem like a benefit but the truth is, most direct sales companies fail. A sad fact, but the truth. They have to grow at just the right rate. Grow fast enough to make enough money to keep going, but slow enough to keep up with demand. Can they get financial backing if needed to grow quickly? How horrible it would be to build a team and then have it taken away. Of course, that can happen with even an established company as we have seen the last few years. But established businesses usually can find a buyer if need be, or investors.

I think if your gut says to go with Silpada, you should. Certainly look at other companies as well. No company is going to be perfect. You have to decide if you are willing to weather the rough times in your business, whether you are willing to stick with a company if when they have a policy that makes you mad.

If Silpada is not overly saturated in your area and you feel a passion for the line, then give it a shot. I think if you can find a balance of being with an established company but not alot of reps in your area, that is a good bet. That is what I found when I went with Lia Sophia. Now, I will tell you that all companies will say there is no such thing as saturation and I do believe for the most part that is true but if the people that are going to help you get started have all been to lots of jewelry shows in the last few months, it doesn't matter if it is Silpada, Aurastella, Morgan Dane, or Lia Sophia. That said, I never ask anyone's opinion about joining a company. I have been with two companies and I never asked anyone's opinion about which one they thought I should go with. I picked what I loved, launched the biz with a starter show, and went from there. I have done well both times. Because ultimately, your friends and family are not going to support your business so don't let them decide what you should do.

Well that is my ten cents ( sorry, I have never been able to stop at 2 cents
HTH
Leanne
Old 01-25-2010, 06:58 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Silpada Customer

Hi, as a Silpada customer I can say their jewelry is beautiful and extremely high quality. I have purchased from one other of the SS company and wasn't impressed at all. The silver was very light weight and chinsy looking. So from a quality standpoint, Silpada is one of the best.

There are a lot of reps where I live and 2 leaders in my town, but the ones who are actually doing their business (my rep included) are making great money and winning free jewelry and trips. My rep just returned from Cancun (I think that is were she was) on the Soar Trip. One of her new recruits (I went to one of her parties too!) is also doing really well and she is just beginning. So, it all depends on YOU and how hard you want to work at it! Selling the jewelry won't be the problem because it is beatiful!

From what I have seen at the parties I have attended is that when women see this jewelry they buy it and I was with all different types of women with different incomes!
Old 01-30-2010, 11:56 AM
Awesome WAHM

I have never seen the jewerly personally, but I have heard its very beautiful. I have gone to only one jewerly party and it was from Inspiranza. Of course I bought, because I was after this bracelet and necklace that I just had to get. It was not even on the display, it was just in the catalog. I loved it when it arrived. Inspiranza's price points are great too, but don't expect heavy sterling pieces for what you pay...and thats fine with me because I don't like huge, gaudy pieces anyway.

Now with that said, the thing with Silpada is that you can't buy online...if that has changed I don't know, but consultant websites don't have a shopping cart. I just heard that Inspiranza is adding shopping carts to all their consultant's websites and that is the best decision ever!

I have bought many, many, many times from Morgan Dane. I have never been to a jewelry party either with Morgan Dane, but I have the catalogs and their pieces are super unique, kind of with an earthly, hip & modern look that totally appeals to me...so I guess that is where I shop the most...just finished shopping for a little over $100 in sterling from their retired items section...lol Again, negative things have been said about Morgan Dane...that they take too long to ship, but I have had no problems so far, and if they take little longer than other companies, its because they have diff. finishes (satin, patina, shiny) and several diff.sizes for their bracelets, so they make those to your specifications...AWESOME! The jewelry is made right here in USA...another thing I like! If I would to pick a company today it would be Morgan Dane, despite what others have said, because its the sterling that I mostly wear!

If Silpada had a shopping cart for their consultants, I probably would of ordered already...I like what I see there! If you love Silpada, then go for it...you have to love the jewelry first in my opinion and then have a market to target!!! Think about your area, and if people are willing to pay the price of the bling!
Old 01-31-2010, 07:14 AM
WAHM Regular

Smile Thank you!

The saturation factor does make me a bit nervous, but I also need to keep in mind that not every consultant is actually working her business either. Many have also left due to the economy. I think there's always plenty of room for a new Silpada consultant. I also think that finding the right company is all about finding the right fit. That's just a personal decision. Silpada has many of the qualities that I'm looking for:

1. Well Known - I'm not the right person to bring a no-name into a community and build it from the ground up. It's taken me years to learn this. If there's a woman in my area that hasn't heard of Silpada, I'd be surprised.

2. Mature Company - I don't have the patience to deal with the growing pains of a new start. I thought I could. I used to believe in the golden opportunity and getting in early. I've seen that myth shattered by those who start and after only a few years do make it to the top. I need solid well-established rules and policies enforced by a strong mature company. I have no patience for a company that has shipping, customer service, or quality issues.

3. Quality Upline - Probably don't need to say much here. There are some doozies out there. The #1 requirement is an upline who is open and honest. (Good grief, have I been lied to..... not even going there.)

4. High Quality - I struggle in this area quite a bit. I prefer the highest quality available. However, my usual customers prefer a bargain, which is far less expensive and lower quality. As I'm discovering myself and listening to my own needs, I need a high quality product that I can be proud to represent. Oh, and must have a lifetime warranty that is rarely used because of the high quality. Does anybody remember the Maytag commercials from years ago? The scene shows this one guy (maybe two) who are sitting in the repairs department sleeping. The message, of course is the quality of the Maytag is so high there are none that need to be repaired versus a huge repairs department from another company manned many service repair guys working late into the night. Both companies represented in the commercial offer the same warranty, but only one company has the high quality that exceeds customer expectations. That's the high quality I want. I'm confident I'll have that with Silpada.

5. Value Retention - This area is one of the most attractive points to me about Silpada. The pieces hold their value. If I purchased a $150 bracelet today, chances are good that if I decide I no longer want it, I'm going to get close to the price I paid. If it's retired, I'll probably get more.

The negative . . .

1. Adversiting - I need to understand the rules better. Lord only knows my cheap friends are not going to agree to have a party. They want cheap. I wonder how far I can go in advertising to get my business started. If I can't advertise, how can I get started? I need to get myself some wealthier friends who love to party. <g>

The one promise I did make myself that I've never done with any other company I've joined . . . .I'm not joining until I have at least 3 parties on my calendar. I'm afraid it may be impossible to find 3 people to agree to a show. I sound pathetic, don't I?. LOL!!! Just another reason why I MUST go with a well known name.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Super WAHM

VERY well said! You have very valid, sound points and I completely understand your reasoning. And, I fully believe that you will get those first 3 parties booked with no problem.

Best wishes to you!!
Just go out and work it!!
Old 02-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Super WAHM

SD will send you leads. Which is a good way to help you get some shows outside your circle without having to find them yourself.

InControl....I agree..well said!

Tags
ex silpada rep, silpada, silpada jewelry