Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Silpada

I love Silpada's designs and quality. I also like Morgan Dane's edginess.

From a business perspective, these are things I am concerned with:

- Morgan Dane quality is not as high as Silpada.
- Silpada was purchased by Avon - what will this do for Silpada's quality assurance?
- I do not like the only way hostess can gain benefits is to have 10 (ten) separate orders from 10 (ten) separate people from a single home party to obtain qualification benefits. That is too high in my honest opinion.

If Silpada would remove the 10 order minimum per party and offer their pieces with larger size options, I would sign up in a heart beat. Silpada is missing a HUGE opportunity by not focusing product on women who wear sizes larger than 5.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2011, 01:47 PM
WAHM Addict

Smile

loouloo I am by no means a size 5 LOL and I wear my Silpada everyday. I do not know why you refer to it like that. If some of the pieces are alittle too snug we also sell extenders for all of our jewelry. I would also like to add that the 10 orders per party is only to obtain the maximum benefits for our hostesses. You do obtain host benefits at different levels.

For Parties totaling less than $500 in retail sales or fewer than 10 individual orders, you can receive one of the following:

20% of total retail sales from your Silpada Party in free jewelry with a minimum of six individual Guest orders totaling at least $300 in retail sales; or
$25 in free jewelry from a Silpada Party with a minimum of three individual Guest orders totaling at least $150 in retail sales.

If you have any concerns or questions please contact me.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:12 PM
Banned

Hi loooloou,

I'm not sure what you mean by Silpada not having anything larger than size 5? The ring sized go all the way to 10 or 11 for ladies. Robyn is correct they do sell extenders because if all jewelry was made larger it wouldn't fir narrower wrists, fingers etc.

The 10 orders to get MAXIMUM benefits ie the 30 percent in retail is designed to get more people in front of Silpada. You can still get hostess benefits with smaller order numbers like Robyn said. 20 percent on free jewelry for 300.00 in sale plus 6 guests is fair.

As far as being acquired by Avon it really has not effected Silpada at all other than it exposes the product to more countries, gives us more money for advertising and promotion. Avon has no control on how the company is run, it was strictly to get the company out there to be bigger and better. The quality of the jewelry and the integrity of the company is amazing.

As with all jewelry/direct sales companies they all have something we may or may not like, nothing is percect, most importantly you have to love the jewelry and believe in the company and what it stands for..values, morals, ethics etc.

Hope that helps

Tags
morgan dane, silpada