Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Super WAHM

Default Should I do this party?

It is almost 2 hours away from my house. I booked it as a double hostess thinking that they would have a ton of people there...well just talked to the lady & there will be probably 4 (including the 2 hostesses) but maybe more like 8. It will cost me $11 in tolls & then gas $. Can you tell how excited I am about this... What would you do?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Super WAHM

I had a party recently that was an hour away. I told the hostess that I'd need her to have 8-10 confirmed guests before I traveled that far. I explained that not only would more guests mean more sales and rewards for her, but that it'd give me the opportunity to introduce the jewelry to as many people as possible while I was in the area. Otherwise, I would have suggested a catalog party. I hope this helps!

Tazsa Ewbank
Guy and Eva Advisor
Old 11-18-2009, 06:46 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Remember not to PREJUDGE

You just never know! Huge parties can have low sales/no bookings and small parties have netted me awesome bookings, good sales and recruits!

One thing to consider is if you let the hostess know you are disappointed, or considering that her efforts are not worth your time because there are not enough committed guests, it will make her feel bad for not having more for you. We don't want that to happen!

Take the chance, do your best ever and see what happens!!

Edit: If the drive is the issue, then consider Dovetailing the show. In our area, a 2 hour drive is not unusual, but beyond that I dovetail.

Last edited by LynnAndreske; 11-18-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Super WAHM

I agree with dreaming.....Some of my best shows have been small. One of my shows this month was 2 hours away...the hostess kept apologizing that she didn't think many people were coming. I assured her that it was fine and we were going to have a great show. And it was! Next time maybe you can say that you require 10 confirmed guests to travel that far. I would let your hostess know how excited you are for her show and take the chance.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Awesome WAHM

As a leader, I always go...w/i 2 hrs from home.

I don't look it as $$ / hr. BUT as the long-term gain. If you understand your goals for your biz, that will help you decide what you ought to do. If you are a hobbiest, then it prob. isn't owrth your time...It you are a biz builder (or want to be) then you better do it~and with pleasure! Try placing some ads on Craigslist, paper, Facebook, etc... And do a Biz Opp while there.

Good luck!
Old 11-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Super WAHM

Since you have already committed, I think it is important that you go. Who knows, these 4 ladies could buy a lot of items, especially since they are probably going to be Christmas shopping. In the future, like others said, maybe tell your hostesses you need at least 10 if you don't want to drive that far. Good luck with whatever you do!
Old 11-20-2009, 02:36 PM
WAHM Regular

Interested to see how this show went for you? I have to agree with the above post that it is long term gain... You have committed and could have the potential for return customers and possibly a new member to your team.. Hope it went well!
Old 11-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Awesome WAHM

I agree. I did a vendor show with very, very little traffic and paid $ for the booth. Sales were low for everyone, but the surprise I got was a new consultant that is very active with her business. You never know!
Old 11-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Super WAHM

Thanks for all the advice. I ended up offering the show to one of my recruits & she did it. It was only an hour drive for her & she knows the area. The hostess was fine with that & everything worked out well. Had she not been able to take it I probably would have gone & done it myself.